R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
"Project 2K3R6"
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know i have been working on providing the 03-05 R6 and the 2006 R6S with out TRC series exhaust and its finally available. We just had the systems put into the computer yesterday so we are now taking orders! Please refer to the Yoshimura Thread Stickied at the top for any photos or additional information. Thanks

Justin

·
"Project 2K3R6"
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
post some pics when you have it together!

·
..I should be working..
429 Posts
ayim01 said:
i just bought some 03-05 headers to fit the trc onto my 99-02 :]
For sure I was thinking about going that route also.:thumbup

·
a.k.a LiquidR1
1,178 Posts
price?

·
"Project 2K3R6"
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that would be a CF....

Big D,
Trust me when the 06 pics are ready for release you guys will be the first to know..... and you'll be the first i pm....:D

·
my other hobby
714 Posts
went to a bike show today and saw a few of these cans their on the gixxers.... i must that i was a little disapointed guys. one of the can's cone tip was kinda flaking at the tip, another can's tip was warped a little, and on another the tip was orange and green. will all the canisters do this? or this from being mistreated and abused? seeing this has got me rethinking about what system i wanna go with this upcoming spring.:thumbdown

·
"Project 2K3R6"
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Funny thing is that we have had some people complaining about the carbon tip heating up and slightly warping....needless to say these are the people who are running their bikes on the dynos like crazy. Under these extreme conditions, there is no air flow around the canister to cool it regardless if there are dyno fans (which are directed at the raditor, not the bike as a whole). So my recommendation is that if you are planning on doing extensive dyno testing, stay away from ANY carbon fiber system regardless of manufacturer because carbon canisters retain heat much more than would stainless or titanium and with excessive heat this will cause the epoxy used to bond the weaves to turn into liquid, hence will eventually fall apart. So you ask what about Suzuki's race team? The race bikes engine is tuned via engine dyno although we have a dyno that reads rwhp as well, fans are used accordingly as if on track, therefore sufficient air is circulating past the exhaust for cooling. Mine you Mladin's bike runs lean so the exhaust is even hotter, and yet we havent had any problems with their carbon tips (which are the same material and design as the ones offered to the public)

·
"Project 2K3R6"
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Slip-on prices
Carbon - $540.00
Stainless - $410.00
Titanium - $490.00

These are all MSRP prices

·
Registered
171 Posts
if that is the MSRP what are YOU going to sell them for cause no body like to pay retail...? I have seen prices closer to $450 for the CF

·
Registered
171 Posts
are we going to get a deal if we order from you when they are availible?

·
my other hobby
714 Posts
R6 VENOM said:
are we going to get a deal if we order from you when they are availible?
ooohhh yeah, can you say GB on some yoshi systems. how much is the system with the TRC canister gonna cost?

·
Doin' it to death!
660 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the "High Exit" system? I've looked everywhere.

·
"Project 2K3R6"
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
unfortunately we do not do group buys.

As for the high exit system you probably wont find any photos since we havent even taken any yet. ill see if we can get some...

1 - 20 of 126 Posts