R6 Message Net banner

81 - 100 of 435 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quick question, I have a full rs-3 system on my 2001. Do you guys sell a sleeve kit to change it to a carbon fiber sleeve?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would a 1999-2001 R6 Yoshimura Can and Link Pipe fit a 2004 R6??? I've found a carbon TRS on ebay. Its Brand new if that helps... Anybody know the correct diameters?

-Hennessy

·
"Project 2K3R6"
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
We do offer a sleeve kit.

The midpipe (link pipe) will not work between the two generation R6s however the Canister will fit both.

·
Registered
4 Posts
vahyper6. I have a Yosh RS Carbon Zyclone slip-on on my 2003 R6. I have a Power Commander with a map downloaded from the powercommander website. The map is for a Yoshimura Slip-On, but I suspect it's for the race baffle. Should I be using a map for the stock pipe instead? or is the Zyclone baffle somewhere in between the Stock and the race baffle? Just wan't to get it close until I can get a custom map.

·
Registered
1 Posts
VAHyper6--

Do you guys offer a High exit slip on? I want a this look desperately but do NOT want a full system...

if no "kit" is offered, is there a combo of part #'s that will work? i.e. high exit mid pipe and bracket with standard slip-on. etc.

bike is an 05 r6.

thanks-

dd

·
Registered
77 Posts
hi there

My mate has a CBR RR 03 and he was wondering if you make the RS - 5 Carbon end can for it? is it available in the U.K.? and also how much will it cost?

·
"Project 2K3R6"
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
dagan8,
Stick with your stock mapping as it would probably be best for the Zyclone slip-on.
You really only need to PC if you have a full system!

gimmie11s,
Unfortunately we do not offer a kit or have the parts for a high exit slip-on, only for full system. Reason for this is that the slip-on midpipe only comes in standard mount.

We do not sell to retail customers out of the US so i would recommend contacting a dealer in your area. Phoenix distrbution stocks our product. Here is the part # for the slip-on system: #1225272

This will feature our new carbon cone endcap canister!

·
Truth!
669 Posts
i need the plastic part that goes in between the metal exhaust hanger and the slipon that prevents the slip from getting scratched by the metal hanger. does yoshimura sell that replacement part. i have a rs-3 race carbon pipe

·
"Project 2K3R6"
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Yes we sell that heatshield individually, just contact one of our sales reps and they will be able to send one out today. Your looking at $4.25

Yoshimura
800-634-9166

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a 2000 R6 with an Yosh-RS3 full system.
I would like to hight-mount the pipe, however I am not able to find the elbow to make this possible.

Can you tell me where I can look for one and what the cost would roughly be.

Thanx :umm

·
Registered
89 Posts
Huh?

vahyper6 said:
Any Yoshimura Ti canister, we recommend cleaning with a Scotch Brite pad. This is the best way to clean Ti.

Good to hear positive responses about the TRC.......im rather excited as well!!
Won't that scratch the hell out of it?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Carbon can

I'm looking at powdercoating some parts on my bike over the winter and was wondering if it's possible to powder coat titanium. If not, can i get just the carbon fiber can without getting the pipe? I have the Tri oval titanium slip on for an 04 r6. Thanks.

·
"Project 2K3R6"
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Titanium's finish is not like stainless or chrome where a scotch brite pad would make very noticable scratches, titanium does not have a finish as its a bare metal that is dull and can be cleaned up using the pads to give it the newer look.

I am unsure if titanium's metal properties will conflict with powdercoating as i havent had personal experience with powdercoating titanium. You can purchase just the Carbon canister, however you are looking at $375 retail for the canister alone!

·
Registered
123 Posts
oioioi_on_r6 said:
I have a 2000 R6 with an Yosh-RS3 full system.
I would like to hight-mount the pipe, however I am not able to find the elbow to make this possible.

Can you tell me where I can look for one and what the cost would roughly be.

Thanx :umm
:umm

·
"Project 2K3R6"
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
as mentioned before, we do not offer high mount exhaust systems. We only offer high exit which just brings the canister to a higher degree towards the tail section. You might be able to use another midpipe and match it with one of our canisters, but i wouldn't recommend this type of system as the s-bends will not perform as well in higher rpm ranges.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just thought I'd put a map in this thread. This was a custom map made for my 05 R6 with a full yosh trs system and bmc race filter.

I also submitted this map to the website listed above (but has not been published yet).

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
i know this is a newb question, but will adding the slip on(muffler) change my AF ratio? planning to get one next year, just not sure if it'll mess up the AF ratio and dont want to going through the hazzle of tuning it...
thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey i was just looking around the Yoshimura site and noticed the TRC CF Cone System for the GSX-R1000. Its an awome looking system, but im curious if there is anything similar that would work on the R6.
Thanks

·
"Project 2K3R6"
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
if you look on the exhaust thread just below this one, i have posted information on its coming for the R6

81 - 100 of 435 Posts