R6 Message Net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look of the 06 exhaust. Here is my question I have a yoshi trs stainless pipe that has a small amount of rash on the front corner. I was thinking of cutting about 3 inches off the front. Do you think it would be possible to reroute the header with a short pipe and mount it like an 06? I am a pretty good welder and have all the tools to do it. Can it be done?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sure its possible. Have you thought of what you want to mount to? You will have to fab up a mid pipe and bracket for sure. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
yes its do-able, my buddy made his own shorty can of his 02 gixxa 750, he cut out 6-8inchs in the middle and just welded the too back together..... warning its really loud and a totally different sound after you do it

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:thumbup You Got Any Pictures Of It Done? The Pipe Is Screwed Anyhow And A Couple Inches Off Could Do Anyones Ears Good!!:thumbup

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shorty pipe is no prob but on the 06's the rearsets are mounted higher on the frame. so i think i will have a real big problem with it dragging on the ground. it doesnt look like it will work:umm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts