R6 Message Net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Self-Proclaimed Noob
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone converted an 03-05 R6 with an HID kit? I'm just researching it a bit and have heard that HIDs can cause an illegal glare issue when put into some vehicles but was curious if the 03-05 R6, since they seem to have those rounded projector headlights, would correct for that issue? Does anyone have pictures of one with an HID kit? I've only managed to find 3rd gen bike pictures here...

:bowdown

·
Registered
26 Posts
HIDs can cause an illegal glare issue when put into some vehicles
Heres the deal. All HIDS should be illegal. They are just to bright and distracting to other drivers. I installed them in my cadillac cts and get flashed all the time because people think I have my highs on.

But.. They look great...

Most the mods on people bikes are illegal. But HIDS are an easier way to get pulled over.

I'll post my hids when I get them installed.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not to thread jack, but is anyone personally aware of any safety hazards with installing HID's and using the stock wiring. I've been reading a few articles about how "true" HID kits are hard wired to the battery and then run through a seperate relay becuase the stock wiring and headlight relay can't handle the voltage and catch fire.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Umm, I believe HID kits come with ballasts for that reason so you can plug directly into the factory wiring. My kit from Lite Eyes came with ballasts and everythign was plug-n-play, nothing to cut or rewire, only replace light bulbs. Any of those "HID" light bulbs without ballasts are just cheapo bulb replacements and you would be better off getting Sylvania Silverstar light bulbs instead if you are only doing a bulb replacement and dont want to pay for a true HID kit. If I am wrong please correct me:thumbup

As far as HID's being bright people are too damn stupid and often dont pay attention to bikes so if anyone should have them it should be us with bikes not some bigass SUV that everyone will see. They do help see a ton better specially in rain - factory headlights in cars,bikes, etc. dont do S*** in the rain.

·
black is the fastest
270 Posts
they work great on the second gen r6
dont know bout where you live but i know here in wa you really arent about to get pulled over for having bright lights...unless they are purple

just do it you really wont regret it and with the plug and play kits if you dont like them you can always resell them on this site

·
Registered
30 Posts
When you install your HID's, make sure you adjust your headlights. As far as wiring, the Lite Eyes HID kit is completely plug and play. If you want to get our relay kit, that is also plug and play. Our Lite Eyes 50W HID kit comes with a relay harness.

If you get the 100W or 130W halogen bulbs (which are still not as bright as our Lite Eyes 35W HID kit), the extra power draw creates a lot of heat, which can melt the wiring harness over time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My kit was plug and play.. I bought them off a ebay store for 67 dollars shipped. Came in three days.. It's my third set from this company, I have two set in my cadillac cts. The one set came with a bad ballast. They sent me a new ballast before I even mail my other back.

Not sure how much you sell them for..

Keep in mind I took those pictures with my Highs on. The low beam is very bright as well.

·
Self-Proclaimed Noob
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm having a tough time with the "color temperatures." Seems like everyone has their own idea of what color the various temps end up. i had hear 6000k is white with a touch of blue, but also that it's "crystal white", and just white like on the lite eyes. But then some of them look kinda blue, some of them look like the 8000k bulbs i've seen... wtf is going on here?

·
^s Own The Messagenet
1,123 Posts
I'm having a tough time with the "color temperatures." Seems like everyone has their own idea of what color the various temps end up. i had hear 6000k is white with a touch of blue, but also that it's "crystal white", and just white like on the lite eyes. But then some of them look kinda blue, some of them look like the 8000k bulbs i've seen... wtf is going on here?
It all depends on who the manufacturer is. None will match each other. I have 6000K HIDs in my foglights in my car. After buying 6000K bulbs for my headlights (maxima came with stock HIDs) they both never matched.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It all depends on who the manufacturer is. None will match each other. I have 6000K HIDs in my foglights in my car. After buying 6000K bulbs for my headlights (maxima came with stock HIDs) they both never matched.
I've noticed whenever I classify our bulb colors, many ebay customers will try to correct me. We, Lite Eyes, as the manufacturer of our HID kits, match all our HID kits accordingly. All of our bulb colors are as follows (35W & 50W HID):

Lite Eyes HID Colors:

3,000K - Gold
4,300K - Stock Color
6,000K - Pure White (no blue)
8,000K - White w/hint of Blue
10,000K - Blue
12,000K - Purple

We also have special colors such as green and pink.

We also do not have 2,500K or 5,000K. Some people as for this color as they see it advertised elsewhere. Our colors are very accurate with a +/-100K variance.

·
Self-Proclaimed Noob
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i didnt see whole lot of difference though in your 6000k and 8000k bulbs, at least in the pictures for the 35W kits. Both looked fairly blue to me, at least the ones on vehicles. The CBR600RR looks fairly blue with the 6000k and so does the Titan. But i dont see much variation looking at the Mercedes and CBR with 8000k lamps in terms of color...

·
Registered
30 Posts
i didnt see whole lot of difference though in your 6000k and 8000k bulbs, at least in the pictures for the 35W kits. Both looked fairly blue to me, at least the ones on vehicles. The CBR600RR looks fairly blue with the 6000k and so does the Titan. But i dont see much variation looking at the Mercedes and CBR with 8000k lamps in terms of color...
We do have a display of all our colors side by side, I'll see if I can get a picture of it to show. But our 6,000K and 8,000K are different when compared side by side.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.