R6 Message Net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sucks that if the AMA wouldn't have switched the 200 to FX then Yamaha would've already been in superbike!!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hate12 said:
^^ I bet Rossi & Edwards will have a say in it's developement.
I seriously doubt it. I think they have better things to do than develop Yamaha's street bike...but you never know. I would think that the World superbike boys (Haga, Abe, and Pitt) and mabey the AMA boys (Bostrom, Hacking, and Disalvo) would have more input than Rossi and Edwards would since they will be the ones actually racing it......However Edwards may find himself on a WSBK R1 if he doesn't find some speed next year!!

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
other than updating the technology on the R1 ie: flybywire/slipper clutch/and other shit u dont need on the street, i dont really see how they could make the bike much better than it is... other than more power

basically; i hope they dont screw up a good bike

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hate12 said:
well, rossi had some input on the new R6.. :shrug

really?? where did you read or hear that??

·
a.k.a LiquidR1
1,178 Posts
they could really make the r1 alot lighter and more power.

·
Shameless Rossifumi
1,337 Posts
aar0ncee said:
other than updating the technology on the R1 ie: flybywire/slipper clutch/and other shit u dont need on the street, i dont really see how they could make the bike much better than it is... other than more power

basically; i hope they dont screw up a good bike
I think that's something you probably won't have to worry too much about. There's been several new generations of R1's and the bike has become better everytime, I seriously doubt Yamaha's engineers would go brain dead several generations into a literbikes development and "ruin it". You may not agree with styling changes, but the end result will be a better R1, no question.

If I were you I'd be more worried about coming up with the cash to buy the '07, since you're surely going to NEED to own one after you see what it can do :p

·
Chegwin's mate
1,425 Posts
MackeR6 said:
I think that's something you probably won't have to worry too much about. There's been several new generations of R1's and the bike has become better everytime, I seriously doubt Yamaha's engineers would go brain dead several generations into a literbikes development and "ruin it". You may not agree with styling changes, but the end result will be a better R1, no question.

If I were you I'd be more worried about coming up with the cash to buy the '07, since you're surely going to NEED to own one after you see what it can do :p
Agreed.

Every time a new generation of sportsbikes is released, we all wonder how they can get any better.
I remember thinking that when the RD350 came out...."How on earth can they improve on this?"!

·
Registered
176 Posts
i just want to see yamaha in superbike. Please, Please kick mladin's ass off that podium!! :kickinnut

·
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
694 Posts
^ Yamaha has EBOZ now and he more than anyone would like to take the championship away from Mladin. When they come out in '07 on competitive machinery, EBoz should do well on it, at least after the second year.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Adrenaline_6 said:
^ Yamaha has EBOZ now and he more than anyone would like to take the championship away from Mladin. When they come out in '07 on competitive machinery, EBoz should do well on it, at least after the second year.

07 will be his 2nd year on an R1... :wink

1 - 19 of 19 Posts