R6 Message Net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ON 1 WHEEL IT IS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started the week with a speeding ticket, and while on my way to take care of the ticket I rode through the intersection had a green light and so did the other side, so a lady in a minivan turns left in front of me and I end up hitting her and messed up the plastic lucky for me it was all cosmetic, and the lady bought me the new parts, well I spent all night saturday replacing all the parts that were messed up, well today (sunday) I went out with a few friends riding, I ALWAYS lead no matter where we go, just because If I mess up and wreck I have no one to blame but my self, well I let a buddy lead this ride and he wanted to ride the roads that he knows and I said thats fine but I am going to hang back and take it easy because I dont know the road. Well we are now 10 miles down this road, when I comw to a coner that has some sand on it, I see the sand, mind you I just spent the past 10 hours replacing the left side of my bike and the headlights and upper, I see the sand and slow down to about 40MPH and I make sure I look for more sand in the road, Then I see the guys I am riding with in the middle of the road and laying down so I had to stop turning in this really shape coner and my only option was to take the ditch to keep from hitting them, so now the RIGHT side of my bike needs to be replaced and my frame sliders worked great and I only need to replace the lower part of the faring. Sorry for the long story but I just needed to vent and this seemed like the place :furious:furious:furious:furious:weeping:weeping:weeping:soapbox:beermug

·
ON 1 WHEEL IT IS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah everything is fine I wore all my gear and only have a scratch on my arm, but the bike needs some work, I have had this bike for a year and a half and have never had a problem with it and I ride pretty hard, and this past week I was taking it easy (even when I got the ticket) so I guess I do better when I go faster, well maybe not. but thing are cool my bike is in pieces AGAIN, and I just ordered new plastic off ebay and new frame sliders, new bar ends, new brake lever, and I have to order new turn signals, but I will wait til next week to get those otherwise the UPS guy will get pissed like he used to when I bought a bunch of stuff for my IS300 plus I want the Gregg's signals I hear they are good and I would like to try them but they are 100 bucks, FOR TURN SIGNALS!

Thanks for asking how things are going!!!

·
ON 1 WHEEL IT IS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about your luck.

Trackday's are an absolute blast. I ride with Nesba. Give it a try!

Track days are fun, I am an EX areancross racer and spent time up at Mid Ohio on my TLR1000 and had a blast! now that I have my R6 (you may ask why have the TLR1000 and then go down in size to a R6, the R6 is my bike that I wrench on myself the TLR was worked on by my mech. plus I try and use the TLR for when my wife and I ride together, hints LOTS of power) and with my R6 there are no good places to ride here in Missouri so I hit the back roads

1 - 9 of 9 Posts