1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 636 and was telling me that those bikes have a mod called

" wire jump mod"

has anyone hear of it?

Its suppose to keep th exhuast valve open at al times that way the bike pulls harder to redline

is this possibel for the R6?

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
You dont have anything like that on your R6.

Besides, if it does have an "exup" type valve, and he's keeping it open all the time, he's losing all his low end torque....

If he's talking about his exhaust valves, then his engine wont run. :lol

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
let me find a link...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
i think your friend had a little to much miller before he made that statment, exhaust vavle has to be closed in order for the cylinder to make it's compression cycle, i think he's just jealous cause he wish's he had bought the r6

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man 636 guys think there far superior cause they have 36more cc

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
I read that somewhere. Something about a valve in the exhaust which closes towards the top end of the rpm band due to noise regulations? Doing the mod keeps the high rpm hp from dropping off. Not sure if it is only at that rpm range or all rpm range and as others have pointed out, open all the time would ruin the lower rpm hp/tq.

This is just off the top of my head, someone will find the link and throw it up. Those cheaters have some pretty nice street torque down low and they growl too. Still not a fan, but wouldn't kick her out of bed either...

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
He must be talking about the butterfly valve in the exhaust; similar to yamahas exup valve. And what Thrak said is true, if that is open all the time then he is losing low end torque.

·
a.k.a LiquidR1
1,178 Posts
come on guys, the 05 636 has the exup valve in the exhaust like the r1. quit acting like the guy is stupid.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It's a valid mod. My friend has it done to his. It doesn't keep the valve open all the time. Just on a certain RPM up to redline. U.S. bikes open then close the valve variably. It opens to create more mid range and closes at the higher RPMs for noise regulations. Basically this mod make's US spec 636 bikes act like Euro counterparts. This is all from my friend's mouth. Please don't flame me if I'm wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts