R6 Message Net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will an 02 R1 wheels fit on a 02 R6? or would I have to change over brakes and other stuff? If so I can do this I'm just wondering thanks:thumbup

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
The front wheel will fit with no mods. The rear is too wide, although I am sure you could custom fit it if you really wanted to.

·
Garage Queen R6
1,801 Posts
There is a good chance the front will fit. Might have to shim the calipers 1-2mm though if needed. The rear, NO.

·
Hi , How are ya
3,512 Posts
No, unless you use all the R1 spacers and such, the clearence will be very very close to the swing arm though

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok the truth is I just bought a Wrecked R1 and I have all the peices I wouldn't have bought it but it had a few nice parts on it includ the wheels... so with all the parts I have from the R1 is it possible to transfer all the parts?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Most likely they will not fit perfectly, you will have to modify them to fit.

But I'll tell you what, if you cant get it to work, let me know. I have an R1 that can use those parts. I'm looking for a spare rear wheel to add a large sprocket, and that way I could swap out rims to fit the ride I will be doing. I also need a tail fairing, front fender, and front upper cowl. PM me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts