R6 Message Net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has seen these types of motorcycle lifts. All the pictures I've seen them used for are cruisers. Cruisers are usually bare on the bottom, so my question is where would the lift raise the bike from since the bikes fairings go right underneath? The lifts seem to be more practical than stands since you can lift the bike up without anyone's help, it's desingned to stand the bike upright on it's own, it lifts right off it's wheels over 16'' and have all that room to work around, you can easily wheel the bike around jacked up on the stand. And it's a hell of alot cheaper, on sale at crappy tire $129.99.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I believe the idea that if you're working on the bike like that you'll have already taken the fairings off so the lift will rest on the headers I think

this would be good to work on the bike for major stuff but the simplicity of a rear stand would be a good investment too. whats if you just want to lube the chain. do you really wanna take off the fairings to use this stand. nah you'll just wana pop the rear stand under it and do the job

but this would be good for if you're trying to say lower the triples in the forks or removing wheels. just as long as its stury when elevated

looks like its worth the money thought. 130 is dirt cheap

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya they work.......but you'll have to get some block of woods i think to raise if off of the headers........when you do work on your bike, i'm sure you'll be taking off the fairings anyway first.......its the only problem is the headers and if you rest on the oil pan if its too much pressure........i've seen ppl use blocks of wood to raise it from some other points of the engine.

And you'd might want to use a few tie downs to secure it.

my dad bought one for me, but he returned it after he found out i had pitbulls.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i would only lift from the oil pan.

that Lodiboi guy has his bike up on one of those, and its lifting from the header :rolleyes thats 300 pounds on there. he says there is no problem, but i think he's full of shit. it has to put stress on the header bolts, on the header itself, etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But can anyone see a way I can lift the bike so that I don't have to remove the fairings? I'm pretty crafty when it comes to mods and can probably come up with something to make it work, but I'm hoping someone that has one has figured a way to do it, or have any suggestions on what I could do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DON"T

Don't lift your bike with that thing!:shock

It WILL fall off!

That lift is for CRUISERS... flat oil pan/ side routed exhuast/ double downtube frame/ etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: DON"T

Dudes, don't even waste your time looking at that picture. You need to tie the bike down anytime you lift it. May as well get a good front stand that lifts from the bottom of the triple and you can pretty much do anything you want. That thing is junk and it weighs like 150 lbs easy. Buy this thing and I gaurantee you'll be buying a good set of race stands for your bike 2 weeks later. Actually I've seen tons of racers using that at shannonvile so i guess it's just me. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: DON"T

You can lift from the headers and even from the pan...the bolts can handle it...:thumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts