R6 Message Net banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nickers03R1 said:
The underseat is the complete opposite because they trade added weight for looks. Those exhausts increase the weight by a large amount but since they're trendy in the looks department they don't care.
Well, I can go on about how I disagree and such but my point was that in case of a lowside crash, the underseat exhaust is probably a sure bet that it won't get destroyed.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I agree but are you saying the underseat doesn't add weight? Don't quote me because I'm just going off memory but aren't the 04-05 R1, 03-04 600RR, and 05+ ZX6Rs all heavier than the side-piped bikes that preceded them? It's not alot of weight but they are heavier.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Nosepicker said:
If you lowside on the exhaust side on the 06 R6, it will get destroyed--shorty exhaust or not. The only way it's not going to get destroyed is if it was mounted under the tail like the CBR600RR.
You're wrong... people who put this on the track will not have the fold up stock pegs... they will have the solid pegs on their rear sets. So, when/if they crash, the pipe is protected by the solid peg. :thumbup

·
Registered
128 Posts
ajjones44 said:
I guess I might be one of the only ones but .......I LIKE THE NEW EXHAUST AND I AM NOT AFRAID TO SAY SO!!!!
Im no racer, but i do my share of trackdays. So even though ill never get the full use out of having it lower on the bike, i still think it looks fk'n sweet! theres nothing wrong with breaking the mold of the everyday bike and trying something different. i applaud Yamaha for taking a different approach than the same ole design, or following the 'trend' and going with the undertail exhaust.

ooops... i almost forgot... according to earlier posts im not a racer so my opinion doesnt count and i should go buy a different bike. oh well... i bet Yamaha will still take my money, racer or not. :shrug

·
Stock Tiip ARIO!
1,625 Posts
Just got my new aka full racing pipe on and I must say its one sexy pipe and I had a high mount bracket that I was able to use raising the standard aka to middle point -almost a high mount pipe now-I will post a pic soon and I will be running a modded passenger pegs on rt side with the muffler thing is cut off, both sides of passenger pegs brackets are chromed with green inside. I am sure when I buy some kids mommy bike2006 that has to be sold before kid killed:rollin next winter- the pipe makers will have a Full exhaust system for the street , that will by the way make more power:2cents

21 - 27 of 27 Posts