Discussion Starter #1
03 motor in older r6 frame will it fit
if not how can i make it fit
i have all the parts from a 01 r6 exsepct motor and have a 03 motor lol
any ideas or anyone done it please repost

·
Registered
107 Posts
I cant imagine this working and/or being worth your time or anyone elses... There were a lot of changes made to the bike, motor and frame between 01 and 03.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it would be convienent being as i have all the parts from a 01 with a title everything... sept motor lol and a great runnin 03 motor so none has done it !??????????????/

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd like to know too. I like the seating posistion better on the 01 than I do on the 03 model. if I ever wear out my motor i wouldn;t mide droppin a FI motor in it.

·
oh yeah
733 Posts
ive seen a thread on this somewhere...either on here or r6-forum.
didnt fit if i recall. guy took frame and engine in had it measured by dealer and they said it was a no go....

but that may have been an 03 r1 engine on an 01 r6 frame....

ill look around for it

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put an 05 in my 99. I had to drill the bottom rear bolt out and make off centre bushings for the top pinch points. I also omitted the front left mount seeing there isn’t one on the right. I also fitted the front and rear suspension and the curved rad is direct fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A few pics
Hey mate , if you can provide any more details will be greatly appreciated as i just bought an 01 R6 and also have the 03 motor as well ,if this engine dies i plan on swapping it over , will i need the 03 wiring loom?
Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts