R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I call Greater Yamaha today to put a down on the 06 R6. They want $500 down
because greater Yamaha is only getting 12 of the new R6 for the whole year. only 3 black that sucks:mad: , It sound like Yamaha is only making 1500 new R6 for the whole year.............. is that ture.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Don't know about the exact number but I know it is limited production. My dealer sold 27 R6's last year. They are only getting 10 of the 2006 R6 fo the whole year. They will make up there sales numbers with the R6s. I would highly recommend putting down a deposit. When this bike hits, if it lives up to all the hype there will be a lot of people who will want to buy one and won't be able to.

..btw I've got $500 down on an anniv ed.!!!:thumbup

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
Firetire said:
I'm waiting on 07 :D
judging by how diff the 05 and 06's are.... the 07 might not be very different

although im probably just saying this to make myself feel better about getting the 06..................

dammit!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah, I read somewhere that Yamaha was starting to limit units to the US. Seems they are becoming a little more like Aprillia and Ducati. Limited units = higher costs. I know on the R! LE, they are only bringing in 500 to the US. Thats only 10 per state. Supply and demand....it's a bitch....

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
fish eye said:
I know on the R! LE, they are only bringing in 500 to the US. Thats only 10 per state. Supply and demand....it's a bitch....
:wtf Yeah cuz LE doesnt me LIMITED Edition or anything... :wink

ps - all those people who think they have a limited edition 03R6 are WRONG. The only Limited Edition R6 (prior to the new 06 R6 in Yellow) was the 2001 Chapionship Limited Edition. All other R6's are NOT limited.

·
Registered
151 Posts
fish eye said:
Yeah, I read somewhere that Yamaha was starting to limit units to the US. Seems they are becoming a little more like Aprillia and Ducati. Limited units = higher costs. I know on the R! LE, they are only bringing in 500 to the US. Thats only 10 per state. Supply and demand....it's a bitch....

Relatively speaking, the bikes are limited production. Once the a dealer sells out of bikes, they're rarely able to order more. I worked in the business two-and-a-half years and not once were we able to get extra units later on. Gotta go on dealer trade.

As for Aprilia, ha ha - you can always get more of their bikes expect the Factory varients. They were always available.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thrak said:

ps - all those people who think they have a limited edition 03R6 are WRONG. The only Limited Edition R6 (prior to the new 06 R6 in Yellow) was the 2001 Chapionship Limited Edition. All other R6's are NOT limited.

Good one. Way to crush my feelings.

·
Wat up DAWG!!!
3,037 Posts
:thumbup new bike in 09 for me(insert long complicated plan here) i'll have my deposit ready

·
2008 Triumph 675
7,056 Posts
I believe my dealer here in Cali is getting 2-3. I already have $1000 down and will receive the first one for this entire area in the central valley.

Anyone want some stock plastics, lights, kickstand, exhaust, clip-ons, yada yada for an 06 R6? :lol

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
fish eye said:

it is less than 10 to a state...
i know because ther is a large chunk of that 500 going to race teams... and some states (like mine) arent getting any at all...

i was lucky to get my hands on an 06 R1

·
Eli, please ban winter
5,768 Posts
Thrak said:

What about the European yellow R6 in 03... :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
2006r6

I sold my 2002 last week and put a 2000 deposit on this one. They say the blue will be here in Jan, but the 50th won't be here until March.

Attachments

·
Feel alright...
1,327 Posts
^ - True, thats a sweet looking bike.

There are going to be enough 2006 R6's out there just give it time.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts