R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking about buying a chopper style bike and i want one that looks similar to this. i want the "old school" look but i don't want all the custom parts and chrome stuff. just a basic bike that i can ride the piss out of. i figure on spending about 10-15,000 on it. maybe a kit bike???

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
I dont think you'll be getting anything like that, or custom, for 10-15g... if you dont know what that is, it's the Rat Fink bike built by Indian Larry...

custom choppers are like $50g man.

You could always get an early 80's honda or yamaha and start chopping away.. thats what a chopper is anyway, ya know.

·
Shameless Rossifumi
1,337 Posts
It's beyond me why you would want to spend that much money to have less fun... Too each his own though - that bike looks pretty custom though, and for your price I doubt you'll muster anything quite like that. Paint job's alone can cost half that.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
MackeR6 said:
It's beyond me why you would want to spend that much money to have less fun... Too each his own though - that bike looks pretty custom though, and for your price I doubt you'll muster anything quite like that. Paint job's alone can cost half that.

That paint job probably cost $10-15,000

And what do you mean "less fun"? Thats an ignorant thing to say... I really enjoy riding my cruiser around, its alot different... more relaxed. Just as much fun... passengers usually have MORE fun on the cruiser because its so much more comfortable.

Yeah, maybe you cant drag a knee, but you shouldnt do that on the street anyway.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
You're not going to get anything close to that for 10-15k. Maybe if you build and make most of the stuff yourself, you'd come out at 20-25k.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i didn't know what they cost i was just hoping that i could get one for that price. besided i don't want all that fancy custom paint and all.......if i could find someone that makes a "stock" bike in that style.

·
2008 Triumph 675
7,056 Posts
If I was gonna buy a cruiser/chopper style bike, it would be a 1950's or 60's style Harley. The real classic's are the one's to buy.. if you can find one.

And less fun to ride. These are the bikes that started it all. You think no one was having fun with them. You think Fonda didn't have a blast riding around on the American bike? Cruisers and choppers are just as fun to play around with in their own way. The older I get, the more appealing they become. :thumbup

·
Registered
681 Posts
Just pick up an old bandit or something cheap.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Leave this thread to me

lots of options!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean lots!!!!!!!!!!!

check this out:http://www.customchrome.com/hr3hm.html

PM me if you want more, i have many links and also i can get you a vid. of a compete build.

p.s. btw the bike pictured is done by indian larry.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Thrak said:
those look like the toys you buy at Pep-Boys :lol

:rollin omg they really do in those pics but check the web page out. there are better views.:myfault

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Caruso187 said:
Leave this thread to me

lots of options!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean lots!!!!!!!!!!!

check this out:http://www.customchrome.com/hr3hm.html

PM me if you want more, i have many links and also i can get you a vid. of a compete build.

p.s. btw the bike pictured is done by indian larry.
^^^yea i got it off his site. that's where i first saw that style of bike and thought it looked awesome.
i haven't looked at the site yet but that first yellow one is about what i'm lookin for~
i'm gunna look around and maybe pm ya. thanks

·
I ride
120 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
never let anyone tell you what you can and can not buy for the money. you just have to know where to look my friend. try this, and tell me what you think. My garage looks funny with sportbike parked next to an old skool chopper. www.suckerpunchsally.com good guys and good bikes with great prices

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jetcycles said:
never let anyone tell you what you can and can not buy for the money. you just have to know where to look my friend. try this, and tell me what you think. My garage looks funny with sportbike parked next to an old skool chopper. www.suckerpunchsally.com good guys and good bikes with great prices
awesome! now that i know what's available....i just have to come up with the money. thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
another option along those lines is fly rite choppers out of Austin, TX. Check out flyritechoppers.com and let me know what you think? I did a lot of research and went with SPS, and have never looked back. I'll try to get some pics of the bike up for you bro. One other thing, if you have never ridden a ridgid tail chopper, it aint fun! (well it is an assload of fun, but my kidneys hate me!) Keep an eye on the Sucker Punch website, sometimes used bikes pop up even cheaper. Ride safe my friend.

·
Registered
87 Posts
BTW, my riding buddies think I'm crazy b/c i'll ride my 6 to the harley meets, and thunder down the road with my sportbike buddies on my SPS. Old skool rods and bikes are a passion of mine, but nothing beets the adrenaline rush of pushing the 6 to it's limits. have a great day.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jetcycles said:
BTW, my riding buddies think I'm crazy b/c i'll ride my 6 to the harley meets, and thunder down the road with my sportbike buddies on my SPS. Old skool rods and bikes are a passion of mine, but nothing beets the adrenaline rush of pushing the 6 to it's limits. have a great day.
man i want one so bad i can taste it. but i think i'm gunna have to wait for a little while. that's alot of loot and i need a 2006 R6. in the mean time i'll keep savin a little here and a little there. thanks for you help. i think used is the way to go for me cause of price....and i won't have to worry about rock chips and stuff on a brand new bike, i can just ride the crap out of it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts