R6 Message Net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my rims and tires have been balanced and there were some wheel weights taped on my rim but two of them flew off :(

IS there anywhere i could buy some of these square weights??

Im not sure with out looking at them but they were probably 2''X3'' and 5 grams or somthing im not sure

Any help would be greatly apreciated!!

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
I think any auto parts store should have them. Or better yet go to the shop where you got your tires mounted and ask them to put it on for you. Or if the bike is new you can take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
:lol If you're not sure about the weight, how to you plan on getting a good balance?

Do you know how?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:shrug hmm well there are two weights on each rim..

they are about 180 degrees apart from eachother

I was just figuring that what ever the weight of the weight that didnt fall off would be the same weight of the one that did

:shrug

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
richcat04 said:

I was just figuring that what ever the weight of the weight that didnt fall off would be the same weight of the one that did

IS the bike new? or did you buy it used? have you gotten your tires mounted recently?

·
Registered
45 Posts
richcat04 said:

Instead of doing this :myfault, get the right balance out of the rims and tires. Its for your own safety, I don't care either way but this thread I feel is useless.

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
When I mount my own tires I don't even worry about balancing them.... Unless its wobbling and you can feel its out of balance I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
richcat04 said:
Well my rims and tires have been balanced and there were some wheel weights taped on my rim but two of them flew off :(

IS there anywhere i could buy some of these square weights??

Im not sure with out looking at them but they were probably 2''X3'' and 5 grams or somthing im not sure

Any help would be greatly apreciated!!
Would definately say go get them balanced again. Bring it back to where you had it done or where you bought the bike and get them to do it. Weights don't usually just fly off and if they did then it was their fault so they shuold fix the problem. You only have 2 wheels touching the ground so it's a safety issue even a small balancing issue can affect the ride maybe not right now, but could in the long run.

·
Sperm Bank Loan Officer
1,599 Posts
The wheel must be clean and free of oil for the weight to stick, or the tape sucked. I use stick on weight and put duct tape over them.

Also as said above if there is weight in more than area it is not done corectly, have them rebalanced somewhere else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts