R6 Message Net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says....

I was thinking of getting a Powers cage and a 905 12 bar, the one that bolts to the frame since we all know that R6 sub frame is weak as hell.

What's everyones opinion? TIA

I got an 04 R6 btw.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
i love my powers cage. i don't have a 12v bar though

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
maybe... alittle foam padding never hurts...

·
Registered
39 Posts
i used to hit my shins on my 905 cage... but i don't anymore, i think i changed the way i ride but it doesn't get in the way anymore

·
Registered
39 Posts
and i would stay away from getting a 12 bar altogether, cause i heard of people who beefed up their subframes so they wouldn't break and the ended up breaking thier frame which is way worse

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
illr6 said:
and i would stay away from getting a 12 bar altogether, cause i heard of people who beefed up their subframes so they wouldn't break and the ended up breaking thier frame which is way worse
Really, cuz i was thinking of getting the 12 bar that bolts to the frame, I think 905 makes it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
you probably could get away with if your real good at scraping but a couple of hard hits and your probably going to have some problems. 12 bars are played out now anyway and your better off learning scraping the plastics anyway

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
yeah i scrape my highmount micron, but the only reason i want a 12v bar is so i can stand on my front cowl.. that'd be sweet

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
adam said:
my 905 is the shit on my f4i......FI sucks on r6, i know that for a fact, don't get that one.
Thanks, I've heard this before as well. I'm down to Powers or 905 I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts