R6 Message Net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been out of the game for about a year and half, but the bike needs tires. whats the hot items right now for the street. was running M1s two years ago. M3s on the bike right now. loved the m1. didnt like the m3. whats pirelli/metz offering right now. and what is the general concensus of group?

thanks guys

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tires have gotten so rediculously expensive that whatever you can get for cheap is hot. Just kidding. M3's and M1's are always reliable. Dunlops are still very dry, but get good miles. I've heard good things about the new dunlop Roadsmarts (sport touring dual compound). Pirelli's don't know? I hear the Bridgestone BT002's are super sticky, but wear out quick.

That's about all I got. I usually just go with dunlops, because I can get the most miles out of them.

Lucas

·
Registered
249 Posts
You haven't heard?! Bridgestone's baby!

We have been selling a ton of these because people are finding out how awesome they are. Guys on the track love them, and street guys in the canyons love them, they are a very versatile tire with tons of grip. We sell them at $239 shipped on www.cyclesector.com

We also have the BT-016 triple compound rear for guys who commute more and dont want to square off their tires, but still want great sidewall grip for playing in the twisties. Also $239 shipped.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i just took my new set of qualifiers to the track (mid-ohio) and DAMN are they nice. never buyin anything else. we sell them like CRAZY at Schiets Motorsports in Fremont, Ohio.

·
Registered
213 Posts
^interesting... i haven't heard good things about dunlop qualifiers.

you are the first
hmm... i only heard good about em on the SV forums b4 i got my 6, and i heard they are a sticky tire, so i wanted to try em on the 6 and they were excellent at the track an they are superb on the street, b/c they are a sticky tire.

didnt need anymore than 1 lap to have em good enough to go at it hard.

·
Registered
264 Posts
pilot powers 2cts are AWESOME i loved them used the whole damn back tire edge to edge within a month of learning how to ride they instill confidence very quickly and i have only heard good things about them, i have a set of dunlops qualifiers on my 05 now and i hate them (sorry 50th) however on my 03 i have pirelli diable stradas and they are "alright" i guess, good sport tourer but i've ridden on some diablo corsa threes and they are AWESOME like the 2cts so that's what i'll be getting soon. it's more what style of riding you do i.e. are you more concerned about treadwear or grip? my 2 cents is go with the 2cts or corsa 3s both awesome tires...

·
Registered
62 Posts
i cant stand the Dunflops they are so square, it feels like your falling over when you dip into a corner instead of smoothly leaning into it. i was so happy to get them off my bike when i switched to, Michelin 2ct's or the Michelin Pilot Powers and they are great, super sticky and they last along time. i really like them!! i have also heard good things about the Metzelers but i have not tried them.

·
fok mi
169 Posts
This is how I feel about Dunlop Qualifiers (1980 miles bought my '08 in late April tire pressure was good )

Never.. EVER again. This wrecked my trip to Colorado. I found them on day 2 of 6 while on vacation.

I've ran PP and PP2CT's on my old R6 ('05) loved them.
I will be replacing the tires on my '08 this week. I'm toying with the BT016 and the 2CT's

·
Registered
16 Posts
ive tried and like pp, pp2ct, corsa 3 and bt-002 the race/street tire. i think the pp have the sharpest tire. it just drops into the corner. but the bt-002 warm up so fast, the grip really good. out of all the tires ive had the bt002 grip is the best. theyre really cheap too, the only down fall is that there isnt as much meat on them. they look a little worn out compared to all the other tires. if u were to ride twisties or track youll use them up fast, but i truly loved them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts