R6 Message Net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to my local Yamaha dealer yesterday to put a deposit on a 2006 R6 Only to be told that the UK aren't getting the 50th Aniversary yellow one. All this conversation while we're stood right next to a Yellow 2006 R1. Was the salesman BSing me (and i've no reason to doubt him as he showed me the brochure) or have Yamaha UK lost the plot! or have i lost it for wanting a yellow one in the first place

Good news is he says he expects to see bikes come as soon as December

Rik...

·
Registered
815 Posts
Correct !!!! No yellow one's for the uk :mad:

You have a choice of Black :thumbup Blue/Black or Red/White :thumbdown

IMO never liked the yellow one anyway :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what I thought!!

When I order my leathers, I gave myself the option to own a yellow bike or a blue one or a green one or a pink one or even a purple one. But never a red one :barf :lol

·
Registered
356 Posts
quickrik said:
When I order my leathers, I gave myself the option to own a yellow bike or a blue one or a green one or a pink one or even a purple one. But never a red one :barf :lol
Do they do bikes in camel?

Love
Harry.

·
Buttsecks kthx
4,284 Posts
no they dont...altho you could buy a Honda and get the motogp rep decals....

it says camel. lol

·
Buttsecks kthx
4,284 Posts
sorry forgot to say... i am proper gutted that the yellow wont be available over here. wont be to hard to get hold of decals and paint code tho....

·
#1 Blind
82 Posts
JonToms said:
and whats with the red seats on the red/white bike :barf
1998 vintage R1 style?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Harry B said:
Do they do bikes in camel?

Love
Harry.
Don't BMW do bikes in 'muted' colours?

Personally I've yet to see a yellow bike I liked - but it's personal choice, wouldn't do for us all to be the same. Red is best.:)

·
scouse twat
748 Posts
I think the yellow's excellent - dead distinctive. no idea why they're not letting the UK have it.. Maybe you could look into importing one from the states

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
Isn't it usually the other way around? That you folks in Europe get the cool LE paint schemes while we are left to suffer here in North America?

Although I do find it surprising that Yamaha don't have some kind of 50th Anniversary paint schemes for you guys this year...

·
R6-Rider
449 Posts
yeah I would have deffo had to think to go with the 50th paint scheme....

I Think when (if) I upgrade next year i'll have to go for "midnight" Black...

I could not go to blue after riding the faster RED ;)

symmo

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think the 50th yellow 6 looks the best of all the colors, and if you did manage to get one imported or do your own respray just seen in the wee catalogue that came in this weeks mcn an Edwards laguna rep helmet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts