R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you see an extra pipe by Yamaha?? What is that? What is that circular thing @ the !!!!!! in GO?

ALSO... what is this gold thing by his foot? Covering some secret rear brake setup??

BIG PIC!!

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mitsuguy said:
build a model and you'll see...

:umm I dont see anything in that model that matches the pic I posted. No other M1 pic I've seen has that pipe there... or the circular thing.

Maybe that body work is so tight against the bike that it looks like that pipe is cut, but it really goes back in? So, its an Al pipe for the coolant??

·
Registered
350 Posts
i think i made a mistake on which pipe ur refering to.... i thought u were talking about the lower one right above the "yamaha" but i now i realize ur talking about the pipe right under the "GO!!" :myfault , the bottom one goes the the bottom of the radiator so it should be coolant flowing back into the engine

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
Interesting.

I built the 2004 M1 model kit, and those pipes are not on it.

Is that a pic of the '05 or the '06?

I'm guessing coolant pipes, although the bottom one doesn't look like it goes anywhere.

edit...just found this pic, it seems to show them a little more clearly.

:umm

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
^ I think Thrak meant the heat shield in the other pic by his right foot.

I'm guessing they are coolant or oil feed pipes, can't think they would be anything else. :umm

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Is it me, or does the swingarm in Thrak's pic look slender?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
you got me. i'm lost :shrug

·
Wat up DAWG!!!
3,037 Posts
it a dics cover its used to keep the discs up to temp in areas with lots of wind such as in this pic and the pics is from 05.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bballman01 said:
it a dics cover its used to keep the discs up to temp in areas with lots of wind such as in this pic and the pics is from 05.

:umm Who said anything about the disc covers? I think we all know what they are...

What I'm asking about is...

In the first pic - The stuff sticking out from behind the fairings..

In the 2nd pic (linked) the gold thing by his right foot...

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts
The yellow thing, is an oh shit i need to stop quick gib just crashed in front of me, and i need to wave..

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I believe in the first pic it is a coolant and/or oil line...

Now, whats the gold thing in the 2nd pic?!?!

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Ugh I've never seen that in any of the other m1 pictures I have. I just checked my valencia pics and that's the only one I have of the right side too. ODD, it almost looks like a foot plate

1 - 20 of 24 Posts