R6 Message Net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planing to buy a new bike and pretty much interested in Yamaha R6. When I visited Yamaha website they had R6 and R6s. Just wondering the differences between them.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...!

·
Registered
32 Posts
well... The r6 has performance and style and The r6s two wheels..The r6s has NO performance to it and a little style..On the yamaha web site you can compare the r6 to the r6s ans see the difference in the parts...like the r6s has no slipper clutch. the r6 does..

·
Registered
51 Posts
R6 vs R6s

I use to sell Yamahas, for about five years. Basically, the R6"S" was the R6 until 2006, when a new "track" focused model was introduced as the R6. Sure, a R6 has a little more power, weighs a little less, has better "track" suspension and all the latest technology, but do not overlook the R6 S. Remember, the rider makes the bike. I can out-ride most on a R6 S, due to experience.
If this is to be your first bike, the most important thing for you is which one is most comfortable for you. Think of the R6s as a road bike first and a track bike second and the R6 a track bike first and a street bike second.

·
www.frontiercycle.com
165 Posts
if it is your first one, i would recommend the R6s. The plain R6 just seems too twitchy to me. Maybe its because I am used to my 2003 R6.

My 2003 R6 was the first motorcycle I had ever rode. Love it. It wasn't hard to learn on. Smooth as silk. Just a dream. The R6s is the same exact bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Get R6S and you will love it, i have 2005 r6 which is practically same as r6s and is just amazing bike for street and track riding. get R6 if you planning doing track only..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the 2003 R6 (like others have said is the new 6S) and I love it. Riding position is a little more comfortable than the 06 and up R6 and still fast as hell.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
well...The r6s has NO performance to it and a little style....
:handclap congrats, you don't know anything :blahblahb

the R6S has plenty of style and performance -- by the way you talk, i know plenty of folk who would roast you on their "s" model v.s. your R model.

I use to sell Yamahas, for about five years. Basically, the R6"S" was the R6 until 2006, when a new "track" focused model was introduced as the R6.
the R6 "s" is the '03-'04 model not the '05...the 2005 had the inverted forks and radial mounted brakes..:2cents

·
Registered
32 Posts
I take you have an r6s....r6s's have NO performance at all..I have nothing against the r6s..if you like the r6s ..its cool..but if you want performance and style and and being a little uncomfortable on long rides then the r6 is your choice..remember Ben Bostum had a very sucessful championship winning 2008 season. Sporting the Yamaha YFZ-R6 ...NOT an r6s...nothing personal..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I take you have an r6s....r6s's have NO performance at all..I have nothing against the r6s..if you like the r6s ..its cool..but if you want performance and style and and being a little uncomfortable on long rides then the r6 is your choice..remember Ben Bostum had a very sucessful championship winning 2008 season. Sporting the Yamaha YFZ-R6 ...NOT an r6s...nothing personal..
lol, no i have a 2008 r6R, i was just sayin you're making ignorant statements that you have no right to be making...and how are you going to say that they have no performance at all??? older technology, yes, but no performance AT ALL? ridiculous...it's not the bike dude, it's the rider.

ben bostrom was riding the r6r because that's the newer bike dummy, not cuz the r6s is worse. yamaha put out the r6s because it is a very popular bike, more street friendly, and more affordable. the r6s is the 2003-2004 r6; only difference is colors...do some research before you make stupid ass statements

·
Registered
32 Posts
well..sooo far the polls are saying the R6 is better the the R6s...and by the way..DUDE...Bostum riding an R6r because it better then an R6s..I don't understand you thinking...you riding an R6r and your blowing R6smoke at me...you cut me down on my opinion...i just don't understand...Is it the smog in cali?.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's so cute the way little boys whose mommies are paying for their bikes think they know everything about bikes now.

Yes, Bostrom (and all professional racers) rides an R6V. Why? Because as a professional racer he can actually exploit the differences between the S and the V at a full race pace. You can't.

For you, the S would be a better bike. It is more comfortable, more stylish, and it has more midrange, which is far more useful for street riding than an extra 5 hp at redline. But, I guess you think the V is more stylish, because you're blind I guess, and someone told you it was faster. Any time you're ready to find out how much faster an S can be than you are you are welcome to come out to the track and I'll be happy to show you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's so cute the way little boys whose mommies are paying for their bikes think they know everything about bikes now.

Yes, Bostrom (and all professional racers) rides an R6V. Why? Because as a professional racer he can actually exploit the differences between the S and the V at a full race pace. You can't.

For you, the S would be a better bike. It is more comfortable, more stylish, and it has more midrange, which is far more useful for street riding than an extra 5 hp at redline. But, I guess you think the V is more stylish, because you're blind I guess, and someone told you it was faster. Any time you're ready to find out how much faster an S can be than you are you are welcome to come out to the track and I'll be happy to show you.
well said...:thumbup

1 - 16 of 16 Posts