R6 Message Net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
fok mi
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got back from a gingerly ride up in Estes Park, Enjoying the canyon riding on my vacation when I put my bike up on the stands and was inspecting my tires. This is what I found... can you explain how the tire split like that? Tire Pressures were good, I wasn't riding that hard by any means..

Tires have 1980 miles on them. Came new on the '08 bike. I called my dealership that I purchased my bike from and tried to see what they could do. Sounds like they will warranty/Factory Defect the tire possibly. I tried to get the bike into Fort Collins to have them get me a new tire but they were to busy to even call me back. Now it's a trailer queen for the duration of my vacation :(

'stones BT-016 or PP2CT's will be ordered for replacements if they won't do anything.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
ha same thing happened to my friends bike. 05 honda 600rr off showroom with dun qual and they cracked.

dunlops street tires are shit if you ask me, too many people i know have had bad things happen to their tires (their racing tires on another hand are good).

if you can get them replaced make them put on pilot powers or diablos

1 - 2 of 2 Posts