R6 Message Net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lowsided today at my first trackday ever. Going into turn 8 at homestead a guy on a duc lowsided and I target fixated :myfault for half a second and when I refocused I realized I was going wide so I leaned it over harder and harder to make the turn until my whole leg was practically draggind and the back came out from under me. My helmet hit the pavement pretty hard and the bike slide then flipped once and missed my by inches. Only broke a front fairing and the right side rearset (thank god for frame sliders). I wasn't hurt but I did have to take the ride of shame. Got the bike all fixed up tho and was back out on the track in no time. On another note, what a badass trackday though. I am now hooked. I even got my knees down a couple times (without lowsiding it:myfault ) Def gonna have to do it again.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Yep welcome to the addiction and teh "broke ass racers club". Crashing is part of the game on the track.. its good that you came out okay. Now you can rebuild the bike the way you want.

·
Registered
886 Posts
what kind of sliders do u have?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shoguns. I really don't like them though, they are metal and don't grind down and might end up bending the frame instead. I actually did get the bike fixed up and missed only one session and was back out on track for the last one.

·
Feel alright...
1,327 Posts
Holy crap, dude I just realized you posted this. Damn man sorry to hear about your wreck, but atleast it was on the track.

You got your knee down in Homestead on your 1st trackday, nice! Congrats man. I definitely have to hit the track up with ya next time.

Good job on getting the bike running and only missing a session, thats gangsta.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts