R6 Message Net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Habitual Line Crosser
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know if anyone else was there but I had a blast! It was really cold in the morning and tire temp was a real issue. Once the track got hot it was wayyyy more fun and got alot faster. The track is much smaller than I am used to but it was fun and challenging to ride. I was in the advanced group with the yellow R6. These pics were taken from really far away, so they are not the greatest. Hope to see seom of you guys at the next track day here in AZ.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I wasn't there. It was hosted by AZtrackday, right? I believe Team AZ was on the Main track that day.
What tracks are you usually riding?

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
nice pics sandogn. i plan on making out to AZ next year for some TD's.

·
Habitual Line Crosser
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Azr6 said:
^ You should pass the tracks here are whack :lol

I need to roll up to vegas to hit up pahrump.

Yeah, compared to Pahrump, or the big track at willow I was a little disappointed.
In one turn there is a pretty nice pot hole that is just, I mean just off the best line, and I hit it several times whil riding next to another bike thinking i was going to die. Plus there in not alot of run off and there are some really bad places to crash. But its close for me so I will definitely go again.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Ya thats the only good thing is its close...I prefer arroyo tho...hopefully I can try some cali tracks and pahrump next yr.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I was running errands with the wife. We pulled over to check it out. Took her for a detour from Maricopa on our way in to town. Made me remember how fun my first and only track day was. Benefits kick in Jan 1st, so I hope to sign up for the one just after that. Hope I can still fit in my leathers. :p

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
you guys don't like Firebird and i really don't like Pahrump. the corvettes have turned some of those turns into shit.

·
Habitual Line Crosser
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
csideblue said:
you guys don't like Firebird and i really don't like Pahrump. the corvettes have turned some of those turns into shit.

They just repaved and resealed the big track at Pahrump in November and supposedly it is much better now. Plus the new loop at Pahrump totally kicks ass. It was the best pavement I have ever ridden on.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
then i like it ........................................ now :D

·
Yamaha Test Rider
207 Posts
csideblue said:
then i like it ........................................ now :D

Yeah, compared to the SoCal Trackdays event where I meet you, Pahrump is way better. The asphault on the new section is so good, you NEVER even have to think about it! Pahrump rocks!

Here's some more pics of Steve I took. Damn work, I couldn't ride...and dominate!!!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts