R6 Message Net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lookin around on the Yamaha website under their GYT-R , and i came across their vstacks..


GYTR™ Velocity Stack Kit
-For closed-course competition only

This kit has velocity stacks that can be installed two ways to tune for different power gains.

For improved power across the power band ( ideal for road racing):

* move the two stock outside stacks to the inside (cylinders 2 and 3) and then use two stacks from the kit on the outside (cylinders 1 and 4)

For maximum horsepower on top (ideal for drag racing):

* use all four stacks from the kit - gains of 5 hp on top can be achieved with proper tuning (no remapping is required)

- how does that work? move two stock ones to the middle and use 2 stacks on the outside. why wouldnt you put all 4 stacks to get the extra 5 horses?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
558 Posts
sideshow said:
- how does that work? move two stock ones to the middle and use 2 stacks on the outside. why wouldnt you put all 4 stacks to get the extra 5 horses?
you're probably going to lose noticeable low to mid range performance.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,078 Posts
sickestin6thonmy6 said:
are v-stacks used with efi? or jus carbs?
They're used with carbs too.

I'd put all 4 in and get the extra top end power vs. putting 2 in and getting more midrange.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
when putting in only 2.. does it change ur top at all?... does it make it suffer.. or gain anything..

Im looking to get 2... for the midrange.. for my o5.. i hear all 4 doesnt do crap.
 

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
Joined
·
15,535 Posts
put in all 4...I only noticed an across the board improvement...no power loss anywhere

how could 2 make an improvement and not 4 :lol wtf
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,078 Posts
Big Deezul said:
put in all 4...I only noticed an across the board improvement...no power loss anywhere

how could 2 make an improvement and not 4 :lol wtf
:lol

All 4 will make a difference. Just put all of them in.

sdastg, I think they're the same thing just yamaha's version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
blueblur said:
:lol

All 4 will make a difference. Just put all of them in.

sdastg, I think they're the same thing just yamaha's version.

I hear they dont on the 05's that was what i was saying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
I have all 4 in. :)
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top