R6 Message Net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Your manual should tell you but all R6's I'm aware of say 24K-26K before any valve adjustments are needed. My 03 manual says 26,600 miles, to be exact. Good luck, I'll be interested to hear if the 08 is any different.

Eric

·
Spittin' the hot fire!
40 Posts
valves

It deppends on how hard you ride. My 06 R6 is a daily driver of over 100 miles a day in SoCal traffic. I HAD to get my valves adjusted at 16K and im ready to do it again at 31K! Its up to the bike to let you know when its needed or up to you to be able to afford it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It deppends on how hard you ride. My 06 R6 is a daily driver of over 100 miles a day in SoCal traffic. I HAD to get my valves adjusted at 16K and im ready to do it again at 31K! Its up to the bike to let you know when its needed or up to you to be able to afford it.
Hey, curious to know how you knew you you're bike was ready for an adjustment besides pulling the valve cover off and checking them.

Thanks!
Eric

·
Spittin' the hot fire!
40 Posts
I was having iddle problems and it felt heavy (im no mechanic) so I took into the dealer to have it checked out and after a week of "solutions" it turned out to be the valves. Since then I kinda knew how it feels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.