R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to make my first post in your board a complaint, however I feel that future buyers should be aware of a situation that has been developing for some time now:

On 8/22/05 I purchased a set of Flushmount signals for my brand new 2005 Yamaha R6. Unfortunately, less than 2 weeks later, the bike was stolen and hasn't been found to date. I immediately wrote USSuperbikes.com to notify them of the theft, and to put my order on hold (I was considering buying a new R6). After a few days, I decided not to buy a new bike right away and asked to have the money refunded. After repeated emails/calls, I finally got through to Randy who reassured me that the money would be refunded within 3-4 days. Well, about 1.5 months later (and plenty of emails/phonecalls), I am STILL waiting for my refund. No one returns my calls/emails, and I have run out of options. I have just filed a complaint with the FBI (IFCC div) for internet fraud, and will be contacting my lawyer by the end of the week. I hate that it has to come to this, but I don't know what else to do about the situation. I understand that posting this about one of your board members may upset quite a few of you, but I feel that you should be aware of the situation, as possible clients of this online merchant.

A little bit about me:
I haven't been riding for too long...maybe since 1998 or so. I raced for a few years in the CCS Mid-Atlantic division with relative success, until I had a really bad crash at Pocono which required me to get air-lifted to the hospital. I had met many great people in the racing circuit, and am sorry to say that this is the first negative experience I've ever had w/ a motorcycle company. If some of you raced CCS in 2001-2002, you might've met me. I'm an Asian kid who used to race a 2000 Suzuki GSX-R 750 (#204). You can view my website (VERY old) at www.hcho.net. Regardless, I apologize again for the negative post, but I felt it was something that the motorcycle community should be aware of.

·
student/pilot/boyfriend:(
3,174 Posts
ummm...aren't you going to spend more money on lawyer fees than that? I have no beef with Randy and after this post I still don't.

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
I have to think there is more to this story. Randy is a top notch guy. He doesnt run his company the way your post makes it sound. I am sure he will respond soon.

·
She actually bought it!
1,301 Posts
why didnt you post this in the feedback section? sorry about your situation but um lawyer + fbi > flushmounts :nutjob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I spent $97.90...maybe I got a bad price. Regardless, I may spend more in attorney fees, but my attorney is a very good friend of mine since HS, so I don't think it's an issue. However, I know that it's ridiculous for a mere $97.90, but where is the line to be drawn? I mean, at this point the money is of a secondary concern, as I really don't like the way some people conduct business. I've owned multiple businesses and always prided myself on living up to ethical business practices. I have email proof of my correspondences w/ Randy.

Honestly, Randy was very friendly on the phone, and seemed to show concern over the transaction. I don't doubt that he's a nice guy or that his company sells good products at a fare rate, but it seems that certain requests just get pushed aside. Maybe being from Brooklyn has made me less tolerant of business practices that I put into question, but the fact remains that the promises were not kept. I understand that certain issues can be overlooked from time to time when dealing with customers, however after repeated emails, it should signify that a response is needed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sent on 10/14/05 @3:33pm
---------------------------------------

Hi Howard,

My pologies if you have not received a repsonse.
Watch for the refund between today and Monday.

Thanks

Randy
US Superbikes.com
---------------------------------------

This was enough to keep me at bay for about a month, but I've emailed him quite a few times with no reply. I understand that my response regarding internet fraud and small-claims may seem ridiculous, but what would you do in this situation? Just eat the $100 loss? Would you just say to yourself "what goes around comes around" and let it be? Or would you take whatever actions possible to ensure that the money is returned?

Honestly, what would make me happy at this point would be to see the funds VERIFIED in my account, and a simple apology from either Randy or one of his workers. I don't think that's too much to ask...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ptirmal said:
why didnt you post this in the feedback section? sorry about your situation but um lawyer + fbi > flushmounts :nutjob
Fair enough...please move this post to the feedback section if that is where it belongs. I apologize if I posted in the wrong section.

shortyR6 said:
i have made mulitple orders through Randy and the company, and not once had a problem.
Honestly, I'm sure my case is one of VERY few that they have. I'm sure they typically do a great job with their customer's orders, however it still doesn't erase my experience with them.

Once again, I understand why you wouldn't want to hear anything negative about one of your fellow board members, and why you feel that my response is too over-the-top. Unfortunately, through my dealings with many businesses, I found that an over-the-top response is the only way to be looked at seriously. Once again, if they had at least voiced their problems with completing this transaction, I wouldn't have taken these steps. I mean if they don't have the money to return to me right now, at least let me know and return what you can as a showing of good faith. The money is not a make-or-break issue for me, however the feeling of being cast aside is what is angering me most.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Sometimes over-the-top responses/actions/demands are not the best way to handle a situation, when you are asking a company to make personal exceptions to their policies.

We were working with you, up until you decided you wanted to go over-the-top as you put it.

And ... We may still be willing to work with you, on the issue.

However, if you have filed a complaint with the FBI as you stated, it may be best left up to the legal system to resolve, so that everything is properly documented in their files.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ranman said:
Sometimes over-the-top responses/actions/demands are not the best way to handle a situation, when you are asking a company to make personal exceptions to their policies.

We were working with you, up until you decided you wanted to go over-the-top as you put it.

And ... We may still be willing to work with you, on the issue.

However, if you have filed a complaint with the FBI as you stated, it may be best left up to the legal system to resolve, so that everything is properly documented in their files.
Randy, what type of personal exception to your policy are you making? You were working with me up until 10/14/05, when you assured me that my funds would be returned to me by the 17th. I thanked you for your reply and said that I would keep an eye on my account. 12 DAYS LATER (10/26/05), I sent another email mentioning that I hadn't yet received the refund. I then asked for an explanation if you were unable to refund the money. After NO REPLY for 8 DAYS, I finally sent an email where I stated I had lost my patience. So you were working with me up until I finally got upset on 11/3/05...17 DAYS after the money was promised to me! Look, I've got nothing against you personally, but I don't think that this is the way a business should operate. Honestly, a little correspondence would've been sufficient to keep me happy.

Honestly, I would prefer to just get the funds returned to me without having to involve the legal system, however if you choose the legal path, I am completely fine with that. I have done it in the past and have yet to lose, as I do document things properly on my end, and know my rights as a consumer. I hate that it has come down to this. If you had merely written back saying, "look I apologize for the delay but things have been crazy, etc. I will get to it asap" or something of the sort, I would've been happy to rescind my complaints. However, I see that you choose to take this completely ridiculous road to finalize things. I'm sorry to hear that. If you change your mind at any point, you have my contact information, and can easily reach me in a multitude of ways.

·
student/pilot/boyfriend:(
3,174 Posts
ranman said:
Here is the ownage.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
At least we are being Gentlemen here....Thanks for the tact and good manners.

·
Feel alright...
1,327 Posts
Chosun you have every right to complain and sometimes things are overlooked and mistakes are made by companies. You have been very polite and cordial and I applaud you. Nice website btw.

As for Randy, I never had any issues with him either and have bought gear many times from him, yes shipping may take a little longer but he has always had great prices. I've also personally met him before and he is indeed a nice guy.

Well I hope you guys find a way to resolve this. :2cents

1 - 20 of 32 Posts