1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
O_o
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my last photo post:
- Added Ohlins steering damper
- Added Hightech Protons flush signals
- Modified stock exhaust hanger (cut off passenger peg, and painted black)
- Painted my rearset brackets black
- Added my license plate
- Added 10mm LED to my license plate (to use as signals)
- Added mirrors
- Added rear hugger and chainguard

It doesn't look as good as my last photo post because of the mirrors, hugger, chainguard, and license plate...... but oh well, better safe than sorry.

Attachments

·
O_o
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
blackonwhite99r6 said:
BTW, did you have your engine parts powdercoated? How did you get them black
The cam, stator, clutch covers, and waterpump was coated with por15 chassis coat.
If I had known about shortyr6 earlier, I would have gotton them powder coated. Shortyr6 is the powdercoater guy here right?

Anyways, thanks guys for the compliments!

·
Shes back!!
4,797 Posts
:handclap

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
whenever i see your bike i cover the headlights of my 03r6 as i gawk in amusment.

·
Wheelie Monster
471 Posts
I want that front fairing on my 01's R6!!
Your bike looks great!

·
Registered
373 Posts
OMFG this is killing me!!!

I can't find the info on the swing arm swap. Please help!
I need to know what its going to take to get that swing on my 1st gen. I want to buy one so bad. How is the ride????

--------------------------------------------------------------------
DAMN IMPATIENT FREAKS!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
ikkitousen said:

I need to know what its going to take to get that swing on my 1st gen. I want to buy one so bad. How is the ride????

DAMN IMPATIENT FREAKS!!!
Hey I was considering the swingarm swap for a while and I found something you may be interested in...

Check your PM's, if you pass up on it. Go ahead and post the link, just thought Id be nice and let you know first.

Youll also need one of these to be able to adjust the height of the rear. Its thrown off in the swap...so I hear. http://www.naarden.biz/yamaha.htm <- choose your bike and its the adjustable link of course.

·
O_o
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ikkitousen said:

DAMN IMPATIENT FREAKS!!!
Hey, it's actually pretty simple. What all you will need is...
- 03-05 swingarm
- 03-05 linkage/triangle parts (not all parts but should come with swingarm)
- 03-05 rear caliper
- 03-05 rear rim (I used 04+ R1 rim)
- Longer chain

To fit this on the frame, just mix and match the spacers for the swingarm pivot until you get the right spacing. You mix and match the spacers between the new and old swingarm.

To fit the linkage onto the frame, you also need to mix and match the linkages until you get it to fit. I had to use some flat washers to make up for some linkage spacing. I think I used the newer triangles. This will will make your bike higher than stock.

I bought a lowering link to lower it from being higher than stock. But when lowering it, it makes it lower than stock height. If you prefer stock height, you will need the bolt adjustable type linkage so that you can get it any height you want precisely. I like mine lowered because I just feel more comfortable at stop lights, and I'm a short asian.

Anyways, once you start working on this swap, you'll know what you'll need to do.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts