R6 Message Net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Well i have some info and i need advice...I talked with a Yamaha tech and i was told to wait until i have two thousand miles on the 05 R6, plus the best slip on is Yoshi or Graves. But my thought is any slip on will look better than the stock can. Then i was told i have to use the power comander with the new slip on to adjust the fuel ratio,or it will pop on de celeration.
Sorry if i seem a little green here, Yamaha is new to me, i am a returning rider after twenty five years, my last ride was a Triumph Tiger 90.

·
Registered
311 Posts
the only time you'll need to get a pc with a slip on is if you're adding other performance mods to the bike. if all you're doing is putting on a slip-on you really don't need the pc.

·
Registered
143 Posts
U don't have to use the pc but it helps, and if you want the full gains of the slip on then a pc is a good idea.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
You can put a pipe on the bike whenever you want, dont listen to that tech guy...

Also, anytime you change the airflow of an engine, you also should adjust the fuel flow. So, yes, you SHOULD use a PC to adjust the fuel after a slip-on, but it is not critical.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thrak said:
You can put a pipe on the bike whenever you want, dont listen to that tech guy...

Also, anytime you change the airflow of an engine, you also should adjust the fuel flow. So, yes, you SHOULD use a PC to adjust the fuel after a slip-on, but it is not critical.
Thanks for the input on this

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have a slip-on and a Pc 3 maped for it, it still decel pops just as much as before the Pc.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've heard most of the popping is from the air injection system into the exhaust. There's a tech article on how to get rid of some of it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Spoolingbyu said:
I had pop with my yoshi but not on my termig exhuast. No power commander is needed to run a slip on. I had 70 miles on my bike when i put my first exhaust on and havent had any problems.
^^^ my Termi slip-on dosen't pop either. No PC either.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
uksparky said:
I talked with a Yamaha tech and i was told to wait until i have two thousand miles on the 05 R6, plus the best slip on is Yoshi or Graves.
Sounds like the tech is a little biased. It shouldn't matter which slip-on you get. Unless you're making some other engine mod, you won't really need a PC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts