R6 Message Net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put a Yoshimura TRC slip on exhaust on my 2006 R6. I'm less than impressed with the way it sounds. I was thinking about switching to a two brothers slip-on system but i am worried that I may get the same result. I am looking for a nice full race sound. Something that won't sound like a stock exhaust (since thats what the trc sounds like to me). Anyone have any input on the two brothers???
Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
i hear you when it comes to two brothers. i work a a m/c shop and have installed a few yoshi pipes and its funny to see the disapointed look on a customers face when they were looking for sound. and its even better when you told them it wont be loud before they bought it. anyways i got a two bros on my r6s and it sounds good, not to loud but not to quit. has a good sound when your on it. i also cut mine 4"s

·
black 07
205 Posts
Should have bought the full system. My Full system TRC sounds insane I love it, I also took the silencer out which you should be able to do on the slip on as well I imagine.
yea i hav d slip on n heard that you can take out the baffler. how did you do it on yours? even tho yours is a full TRC do u think it'll b different taking it out of a slip on?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yosh slip-ons on the newer R6's dont remove or change the stock "resonator". The two brothers comes with a straight pipe as the midpipe so its BANGIN loud. Yosh goes for engineering quality and get more HP, Two bros goes for more sound than power.

Get a yosh full system and feel the power and have a good sound. I removed the race baffle from my R55 slip on yosh and it makes a nice sound. i cant wait to get the rest of the system.

·
black 07
205 Posts
Yosh slip-ons on the newer R6's dont remove or change the stock "resonator". The two brothers comes with a straight pipe as the midpipe so its BANGIN loud. Yosh goes for engineering quality and get more HP, Two bros goes for more sound than power.

Get a yosh full system and feel the power and have a good sound. I removed the race baffle from my R55 slip on yosh and it makes a nice sound. i cant wait to get the rest of the system.
good to hear that. can u tell me how u took out the baffler on the slip?

·
enjoyyoself
146 Posts
no matter what on the 06-08 r6's the slip on won't be very loud due to the muffler and cat still being inline with the exhaust under the bike. look and you'll see it. if you want it to be much louder get a full system or a slip with a ypipe or the MJSperformance headers. I love my trc full pipe though

·
Registered
6 Posts
WELL I HAVE A 05 R6 RAVEN AND IVE BEEN THRU 3 EXHAUST. TWO BROTHERS , TRS AND I JUST PUT ON A TRC AND OF COURSE I REMOVED THE SILENCER B4 I INSTALLED IT AND IT SOUND GREAT AND I FEEL THE DIFFERENCE. REMOVING THE SILENCER IS A BITCH BUT WORTH IT. U JUST HAVE TO TAP THE RING ON THE TIP OF THE CANASTER CAREFULLY JUST ENOUGH TO HAVE SOME SPACE TO SPRAY A LITTLE WD-40 AND IT WILL POP RIGHT OUT. NO REGRETS ON MY TRC FULL SYSTEM AND I DID IT ON MY BUDDYS TRC SLIP-ON AND ITS THE SAME WAY

1 - 9 of 9 Posts