R6 Message Net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
One arm wonder
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to find some good twisties around the daytona beach area, i just got a new rear because my old one was worn in the middle so bad from all the straight roads around here it looked like a car tire, i do commute alot, but i'm also trying to avoid going 100+ around turns just to get a good lean going, anyone have any good suggestions?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey dude. I'm in Daytona as well, and there isnt much. In the past, i've just headed west, like on 40 up in Ormond, and just trekked it out there. There isnt much, like you say, and my tires get that middle bald spot too from straight riding, I hate it! If you ever want to take a ride PM me, but I'm a husband and a father so I don't get out much, haha.

·
One arm wonder
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, I gotcha man, ive been out on 40 a little ways before, all you can really do is go fast, but the only kinda twisty place near me is bellvue extension, i finally got the balls to do about 80 through those turns recently, my roomate totalled his bike there back in may though, alot of guys crash there it seems. I might be seein of you want to ride sometime, i lost all my riding buddies, my roomate has no bike anymore, and my other friends moved back up north, dont really know anybody else that rides except my girlfriend but she rides a harley, lol. What kind of r6 do you have?

·
One arm wonder
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we have a racetrack right here, but they dont do track days as far as i know, closest thing is jennings, but i dont have the extra cash layin around to get out there and have fun. i need to win the lottery.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
so then why are you looking to speed and recklessly operate your bike (thats what coppers would call it) on public roads if you say you can't even afford a trackday?

trackday is going to be cheaper than your speeding ticket plus rise in insurance rates...

just saying :shrug

·
One arm wonder
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i said im trying to AVOID going fast to have fun around here, the huge flat spot on my tire would indicate that i do not make it a habbit, goin 80 around those turns i mentioned is about the craziest i get, which yes, could still get me in trouble, i was just looking for roads that are tight and more fun, i never said id rather risk getting tickets lol.

·
Commin in yeayhaaa!!!
7 Posts
Hey whats up man, I'm Derreck and there are plenty of places within 30 minuets of Daytona to ride that i think are up to your standards. For smooth 80's around corners my favorite is actually the road behind Daytona airport. There is a very nice curvy loop on the way to Deland, the north loop up in Ormond beach, and also roads to New Symurna airport. I'm in Daytona ride almost everyday with a small group.

·
One arm wonder
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey whats up man, I'm Derreck and there are plenty of places within 30 minuets of Daytona to ride that i think are up to your standards. For smooth 80's around corners my favorite is actually the road behind Daytona airport. There is a very nice curvy loop on the way to Deland, the north loop up in Ormond beach, and also roads to New Symurna airport. I'm in Daytona ride almost everyday with a small group.
Derreck, Ive been down the road behind the airport a million times, bellvue extension, my roomate totalled his gsxr there back in may while we were riding, and ive done the loop in ormond before too, but i havent checked out the stuff down near nsb airport or the one to deland, i'll have to check them out, got directions?? i need new pavement!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just hit 160 this morning at 7AM on 95 northbound between port orange and south daytona exits. I'm on a custom blue painted '01 with a high mount exhaust. I wave to every sport bike around here so i've probably passed you guys at some point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.