R6 Message Net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this thinking that probably no one had the same problem I did with my 04 R6, but atleast if someone searched for this problem, someone would have had it and got it fixed.

It started about 2 months ago and every time I turned the key off and then back on, the clock, fuel light trip (if I was on reserve) and both trips would reset. The overall trip odometer stayed in tact though. I rode it for awhile as the season was winding down anyway (the speedo worked, and if I got to the point where the reserve would come on, I would just get gas at that point). Now that the snow is flying, I took it into the dealer. He checked the gauge cluster, swapped it out and it still did it. Yamaha suggested checking an in-line fuse or something and that wasn't it. Turns out that a wire must have gotten knicked somehow and then after riding 5000+ miles this summer it must have jarred loose and broke. They reconnected the wire and taped the harness up good and now it works fine. This wire must have been the connection to the "brain" of the electronics and it lost the information each time it was turned off.

Just a heads up in case someone might have a similar problem. This is what worked for me. It didn't cost me a dime as I have a good relationship with my dealer and shop often....also I think it may have been under warranty which also helped :thumbup

1 - 1 of 1 Posts