R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna spend 800-1000 on a suit,, not sure if i want one, or two piece, kinda would like to wear jacket it itself if i want to,, i have a 05 silver/black LE ,,,, what do you guys reccommend, for the best looks, comfort, and durability, thanx.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok for 1k, would what be an ideal suit and a jacket, that looks tits, durable and comfortable

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh really? could you please be more specific

·
Registered
378 Posts
Give Darin @ at RS Taichi a call. They have several new lines of race suits in that price range. Just so you know, RS Taichi has a reputation among the Race/Track crowd as being quite good at what they do. (310) 326-2867.:thumbup

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts

This is exactly wut im sportin.. Havent crash tested the suit, but my jacket has held up both times. $700 for the suit, and kneedraggers has the jacket for $315, but it can he had cheaper...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
bushido-sama said:
Give Darin @ at RS Taichi a call. They have several new lines of race suits in that price range. Just so you know, RS Taichi has a reputation among the Race/Track crowd as being quite good at what they do. (310) 326-2867.:thumbup

I was just checking these suits out on their website, and they look and sound really nice. They're advertised prices range from 140,000 to 198,000 Yen or around $1,100 to $2,000. Is there anywhere that you can get a discount?

·
Eli, please ban winter
5,768 Posts
MotoGP suit is a good choice. You can also get good deals used if you're not in a hurry. Craigslist, ebay, here, etc. (since it is winter and all) If you like new I think FrkyMnky has a right idea with the MotoGP suit for around $700 and a new jacket could be had for $100-300 easy if you look hard enough.

On the used too, I picked up a Technic SpeedStar for around $450 shipped here about 2 months ago. That's at least 1k off MSRP. Just have to find the deals in your size. Good Luck :)

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
im worried about sizing when it comes to suits... i want either an alpinestar suit or a shift suit... i cant remember the size of the suit i usually wear at the track as it was barrowed. i know that i used to wear a size 42 in an alpinestar jacket, but i have lost about 10lbs since then... im 5'10" 152lbs or so.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Dvas said:
I was just checking these suits out on their website, and they look and sound really nice. They're advertised prices range from 140,000 to 198,000 Yen or around $1,100 to $2,000. Is there anywhere that you can get a discount?
Check out sponsorhouse.com. They usu. have a 10% discount program. Also, call Darin directly and see what he can do for you.:thumbup

·
Registered
378 Posts
As a testament to their quality and reputation, A LOT of racers you guys may be familiar with have or continue to use their suits and gloves. Do the names Schwantz, Rainey, DuHamel, Yates, Haga, Tamitsuji, Jamie James, Zemke, Kurtis Roberts, Kent Kunitsugu (SportRider magazine), Freddy Merkel sound familiar to you guys?
Also, a little known fact is that Alpinestars gear used to be manufactured by RS Taichi.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
The price you are looking at Go all out and get a custom. For 1k You can get a suit that fits you perfectly. I have had my Syed's now for almost 4 yrs and crashed in them and still in almost perfect conditions. Besides you can pick your design and colors etc. www.syedleathers.com
Our whole team wears Syed's and some of them have been in some really bad crashes and the suits have held up great.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yo dudes, is it cheaper to go through RS Taichi factory, or a distributer? thanx haven't really looked into much, just hoping someone knows here thanx

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
bushido-sama said:
Check out sponsorhouse.com. They usu. have a 10% discount program. Also, call Darin directly and see what he can do for you.:thumbup

Thanks, checking it out! :thumbup

·
Registered
378 Posts
FailureByDesign said:
yo dudes, is it cheaper to go through RS Taichi factory, or a distributer? thanx haven't really looked into much, just hoping someone knows here thanx
Go through the US distributor. Much easier to get contact details and questions answered. Plus it might be cheaper than going retail, esp. with this line of gear.

Good luck with contacting RS Taichi directly. First off, they are located in Japan and it would behoove you to have a grasp of the Japanese language. Second, Darin (the US distributor) is a cool guy and can get things done a lot quicker for you than attempting to call and email Japan several times regarding suit questions.

Also, like I already mentioned, check out sponsorhouse.com. Mention this to Darin and he may be able to beat the discount they offer. However, if you decide on custom rather than off-the-rack, expect a few weeks for delivery. These suit are gonna be made to FIT. No BS, they fit like a second skin. I'm waiting to take delivery on another custom GP MAX suit (currently only in use on the Moto GP, WSBK, and All-Japan series circuits). It will be pricey, but worth the wait and $$$.

Keep in mind , you don't have to spend $$$ for their suits. They have top of the line (GP Max), to lower line suits. Prices can vary between upwards of $3500 to under $900, depending on what you want.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I second Syeds for $1k. i got a 1-piece special for about $899 delivered. their specials are limited in design; probably based on the colors they have too much of. I love the suit and it fits great. for $1k you can choose anything you want.

·
Rice Rocket
3,786 Posts
i have a fieldsheer falcon 5 1 pc black/black...

brand new, just arrived in the mail yesterday, i can prove it...my fat ass grew since sept after i dislocated my shoulder and have been doing nothing but eating and it won't fit...lol

and i'm too lazy to work out...... :p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts