R6 Message Net banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
jself24 said:
I like to put painters tape down first and then colored duct tape on top of that. You get the color of the duct tape and the no mess cleanup of the painters tape :thumbup
werd + uno

only real godd shot of my headlights, dont mind my bike off the track:)

·
Registered
881 Posts
One inportant thing I didn't see posted to bring is
YOURSELF
and don't forget the bike key

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's probably been mentioned before but a radio for the folks that come along but don't ride. Or an Ipod with some speakers. Yesterday I brought the speakers but forgot about the batteries...damn the creation of AAA lol.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Sorry... I haven't read the whole thing... but just this past weekend I tried two things....
1- electrolyte replacment mixes (available at any bicycle shop)
2 - rags kept in a cooler of cold water/ice

The electrolyte replacment worked awesome for preventing fatigue from dehydration and really helped to replinish salts.
The rags were perfect for putting on your head and over your shoulders when you get off the track.
It really helps cool you quickly!
Keep it in its own dedicated cooler b/c it gets really salty from all the sweat collected off your body.

·
Registered
92 Posts
you know whats crazy...when i see those nuts that ride down to the track days. i just don't understand how some people can do that its seroiusly nutsi
I saw guy behind us after driving for 2 hours going to a track day.. we thought at the beginning this guy was just going somwhere and we saw him at the track... sadly though this guy ate it big time on the fast turn at Bottonwillow.... his bike was pretty much a done deal.. you can't even tell if it still a bike.. he met up with his buddy at the track.. but since he ride by him self his buddies just had him wait out side the gate to have his real buddy pick him up... that last time i saw him he was just sitting out side the track by the gate.... waiting

·
Registered
15 Posts
New to the Forum and to the R6. Anyone can tell me what fuses to pull for the headlights? Bought the bike used, no manual and only one key...:confused:

·
Doc Ram
112 Posts
free bump for a good thread

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to bike racing, but have done autocross, drag cracing and scca. In total what you need to bring to the track should weigh a minimum of the weight of your track ride. For drag racing and scca my crew and I would carry close to 3000lbs or gear (tires, fuel, lubes, canopy, flooring, an engine, clutches, batteries, TOOLS, drinks, BEER, for after, etc.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts