R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in a residential going around a turn, next think i know theres a kid in a truck going head on with me. I did as much braking as possible to no avail, we contacted. I'm still sore (happened saturday), but no major injuries that I can see so life is good

From what I can just see by quickly looking it over:

New Upper/Mids/Lowers all around
New Upper faring stay
New Exhaust
New Rearset(s)
Rearsets dug in to swingarm, so that will probably be claimed
Bent Clipon probably
Rear master cylinder
tiny nick in tank

Some people are saying totaled, I'm probably agreeing, just curious what the outcome will probably be.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Might be close, if the forks are tweaked it's totalled....Any frame scratches or knicks? Those will get a total quick.

Are you at fault in the accident or is he? Cause if he is, I would go for totalled, if you are at fault, ouch

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cever said:
Might be close, if the forks are tweaked it's totalled....Any frame scratches or knicks? Those will get a total quick.

Are you at fault in the accident or is he? Cause if he is, I would go for totalled, if you are at fault, ouch
he was in my lane 16 years old with a paper drivers license. Im 21 been riding 3 years 25k+ miles/lots of track time/staff for a track org, so...

As far as frame damage, it looks like the top mount for the upper faring stay got tweaked a tiny bit but I couldnt really see for sure.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
I dunno it's iffy but I would say yes totalled. It's mostly cosmetic but it's all the fairings and the swing arm with your usually misc dmg to the clips, rearsets and such.

Good luck, are you ok?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cever said:
I dunno it's iffy but I would say yes totalled. It's mostly cosmetic but it's all the fairings and the swing arm with your usually misc dmg to the clips, rearsets and such.

Good luck, are you ok?

Thanks,

I'm sore, its been a couple days I'm going to get x-rays and a chirporactic appt tomorrow afternoon, my back and shoulders are all really sore and tight so yeah.

I guess I'll have to wait what the estimate is, they'll have it by saturday.

Ive crashed before and it never really hurt this bad (except for a fractured wrist)

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
did you not look at the pics?

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
looks like it still runs.. may not pull chicks with it now but i bet it moves just as fast..

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Like Cever said if there is any damage/marks on the forks or frame it'll be totaled. The cosmetic stuff adds up pretty fast but if the engine still runs good and the frame and forks are still straight I'd buy it back and ebay everything to get it back together. You'll also save money doing all the work yourself.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Hmm, well would it really hurt it that bad if it just had a little ding in the swingarm? What about a tiny mark on the frame? The insurance company will more than likely total it out (matter of fact its almost certain), but you might consider buying it back? Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wouldnt say that its totaled for sure...my bike is in the shop having the frame, swingarm, both wheels, gas tank, headlights, and entire left side of the fairings replace all courtesy of the good people at geico. check it out

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
808_Raven said:
I wouldnt say that its totaled for sure...my bike is in the shop having the frame, swingarm, both wheels, gas tank, headlights, and entire left side of the fairings replace all courtesy of the good people at geico. check it out
Yikes, thats the first ive heard of them replacing a frame.

As far as buyback and stuff. If its totaled I'm definitely buying it back and converting it to a race bike and planning on starting mid season 06 with WSMC on it.

if its not totaled i'll still probably just sell all the street stuff and track it out, but we'll see.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i was worried they were going to total it and i was planning the same thing for it if they did but i got lucky and they are gonna fix it :thumbup

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Ok most of the time, if there is frame damage they total it, of course there are exceptions. I can't see cost effectively replacing the frame, farings, and swing arm. If you think about it that's nearly the entire bike, except the suspension, engine and wheels.

my god, I'd hate to be the poor guy replacing a frame, that's gonna take a little bit of time

·
Registered
179 Posts
Glad your ok, sucks about the bike. I personally (kinda going through it)would try to get a check for the damages (if possible) and fix it yourself. With all the support / faqs / service manuals here, You might be able to pocket a bit of cash or upgrade. :)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
My bike looked worst after that fat chick ran me off the road eating her dam cheese burger. Any bike can be fixed!!! To me it doesnt look all that bad.
I fixed my bike my self cause I refused to bend over for Progressive to fuk me in the ass for the nest 5 years.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts