R6 Message Net banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
OK Top speed -KPH and Where

With out a rador to measure top speed its hard to say how far out our speed's are , but would be intersting . Could not even gess how often i have been to the island , but went there for first time about 17 years ago and had p plates on , stopped adding the kms and cost up after i had reach over 10,000kms on the track , so i have done a lot of laps and had a lot of fun :thumbsup
hers a tip to reach a hire speed ozso when in turn 12 power on and let the bike run all the way out to the rippel strip , this gives a hire exit speed :thumbsup

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Re: OK Top speed -KPH and Where

Only made it to 210 so far but that was on a deserted country road in SA.

Lining up for a track day soon at Mallala so should get a bit more speed out there hopefully.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Re: OK Top speed -KPH and Where

245 out on a nice wide back road.
I was following a vfr800 who was following a car (we were with about 6 other bikes)
Came out of the windy stuff and saw the straight, the vfr went and a followed - at about 180 he pulled in and I kept going, then I looked down (245) then I looked up at the next corner. F**K. Hit the picks. Live to ride another day

We had a chat about it over a beer in the next town.

Apparently it all looked pretty awesome from behind
The guy on the vfr didn't like his 800 getting blitzed by a 6

Must have been because my 6 is a red one.
:rockon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
you don't have enough room at Qld Raceway to get a 6 up to speed up there... i was getting the Fireblade up to 240 (just) during the Blade Blast..... then someone threw one of them away at about 200kmh and i slowed down a hell of a lot!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
R6YAMMAN
The speeds so far have been around 245-260kph.

272 is impressive... it was on a R6???

Did she have much left in her or did she plateau around 260 mark?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
yes it was an r6 its along flat road. it was flatout. got to about 260 then slowly wound out. the bloke on the other bike (yzf 750) said his speedo was reading around the 270 mark (anologe speedo) and tacho was at redline. did not read mine. have been down same road several times since have not repeated 272k run but will get into the 260k's no problems. have been down same road no a mates r1 275km no problems plenty more left but ass was puckering and not my bike

·
Registered
1 Posts
not sure if this is still open but 265kmph indicated on 1999 R6 on road leading into Cobar Slightly uphill and still pulling like a train when i chickened out
(think Roo)
Old man 50 plus years 65kg and sitting upright cause i had only had the bike acouple of days and wasnt sure what was going to happen

·
Registered
24 Posts
i do not doubt the claims of a reading of 270ish.

best i have got was in 2003, middle of nowhere, perfect weather conditions obviously. and by this i mean air temp as the intake temp of the air has an effect on power. Just ask any dyno operator they do a correction

273km/h

02 r6
bmc race air filter
factpry pro jet kit
Full micron race system
and i weigh 60-61kg.
4 degree ignition advancer.

the other bikes with me on the day R1, tl1000r, zx9 all verified the speed within a couple of km/h.

·
MTL ROCKS
84 Posts
With the stock gearing: 272 kph topped out, 1000 RPM B-4 the red line
With 15T front sproket: 287 kph on the gauge(not calibrated)

Both are about the same but you get there quicker with the good gearing.

That was last year with only a slip-on, K&N and pcIII.

·
Registered
2 Posts
'04 R6, pc3, micron full high flow high exit exhaust "serpent", stock air box and filter...
15 mile straight stretch of backroad in Central Minnesota I left it all out there as the red and blue lights in my mirrors were on a mission to put me in a black bag or behind bars so in 6th gear with my shift light glowing at me, asking for another gear I didn't have, and my throttle pinned solid, I managed to get 170mph indicated on stock gears... I weighed about 160lbs... you can do the imperial to metric conversions if you'd like, all I know is that i was f-ing moving boy!! I also found out that the Ford Crown Vic w/ interceptor pkg will do 160+ mph which is pretty fast for the fat bastard... if I'd have stayed on the straight, he woulda just run me out of gas and still been not far behind... so it was a good decision to slow down and make a couple turns, as the bikes ability to slow down and then get back up and do it again, proved to be the winner of the day, as I got home in 1 piece and didn't have to spend any nights in jail!
Keep the rubber side down boys and girls, ride fast, don't die! Later mates.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts