R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to sell my 2005 red r6 but i must get as much out of it as i can. It has about 2400 miles on it. Is $7200/7300 too much of a asking price?

·
Registered
211 Posts
That seems pretty fair to me. Ive been doing ALOT as in TOO MUCH shopping around for what im ready for. I wont be ready to buy until spring but im searching aroudn now trying to see waht prices go for. id say thats a very reasonable price. Start there and see what you can get man and best of luck to you!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah...good looking out man! If i can pull off something in this price range i would be super stoked! :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Not sure what upgrades you have on your bike but I picked up an 05 with 2100 miles for $6900 with extras. However if someone wants it they will pay what you are asking. Good luck bro:thumbup

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ only upgrade would be puig dark smoke windscreen and frame sliders = ] i'd probably throw in my gear (arai corsair, joe r jacket and gloves) But yes i agree...i guess it depends on the demand for this bike...Too bad the '06s are the new hot cakes

·
Registered
333 Posts
PerfectMistake said:
Maybe in your area, but back in March, that was the price I was quote for a brand new 05.
I just can't beleive how you guys are getting these deals. I paid $9800 OTD with 5 year waranty.

·
I rock Superman's socks!
460 Posts
Alias said:
I just can't beleive how you guys are getting these deals. I paid $9800 OTD with 5 year waranty.
In March I was quoted 7299 OTD plus about $400 to have it shipped to NC. I can call the dealer and see what he wants for an 06.

·
Registered
333 Posts
PerfectMistake said:
In March I was quoted 7299 OTD plus about $400 to have it shipped to NC. I can call the dealer and see what he wants for an 06.
I owe $6600 on mine. By March I should be around $6000. I would gladly sell mine for what I owe and get an 06' if I could find a deal like that.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well don't tell me about those kind of deals going for former "new" bikes...its just discouraging to me as a seller ;)

·
Stock Tiip ARIO!
1,625 Posts
NYC is very expensive with R6's, put the bike on ebay-high at first, then a little lower-be patience selling the bike you'll get more and don't let anybody low ball you. If i sold my 2002 heavy modded bike I would want around $6500 to $7,000.

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts
Im plannin on sellin my 05 in a few months.. However, im looking to get around 9k for it with everything on it. Almost a race bike, cept w/ street fairings minus the suspension and case covers.

·
Registered
438 Posts
sunofwolf said:
NYC is very expensive with R6's, put the bike on ebay-high at first, then a little lower-be patience selling the bike you'll get more and don't let anybody low ball you. If i sold my 2002 heavy modded bike I would want around $6500 to $7,000.
i bet you could get 9,000 if you put wd-40 on the tires to make them look shiny
maybe even more if you posted pics of your green windscreen:thumbdown

·
Registered
438 Posts
PerfectMistake said:
Maybe in your area, but back in March, that was the price I was quote for a brand new 05.
ummmmmmmm

ima haffa call bs on this one. yeah that might be the price that they "quoted" you, but with tax and tags and assembly fee and all that it was bout ta be a few hundred over 8 before you got out the door.

·
I rock Superman's socks!
460 Posts
Dude, you're shopping at the wrong place. Next time you buy a bike, call Honda East. They're selling WAY cheaper than anybody else. I was quoted with freight, tax. Title and tags would be done when it arrived in NC.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I got my bike 05 R6 for $7400 including tax from NYC. (Just giving you the info. in case it help you with any feedback)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts