R6 Message Net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. I recently crashed my '05 R6, and I'm just starting to figure out how to go about repairing my bike. If it was summer, I'd love to spend time in the garage learning about the parts and such, but it just isn't a good time for that right now. Can anyone recommend a place where they'll do repairs? I know there is a Fun Bike Center in Kearny Mesa, but any other places? Experiences? Besides the damages I could live with, such as ugly paint chips on the cowlings, etc, the things I need to really fix are my wheels and footpegs. Front wheel's busted. Cracked in half. Tire torn off. Back tire is pushed up, touching the bottom of the rear. When I turn the bike on (before the starter switch), the whole computer system check sound comes out. But the starter switch isn't doing anything. There doesn't seem to be any leaks, but then again, I'm not able to walk or crouch right now, so I haven't done any specific checks on those. Probably best to leave it up to the pros. Let's see... L-turn signal is torn out, and... forks are twisted. Brake calipers front/back seem okay. Shoot. Well, that's the extent of the damage as I see it so far. Going back to my question, it'd be great if I can get some feedback on service centers around here. Maybe even up to Orange County, since I go there often.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Service counters huh? prepare to pay a few thousand bucks, seriously. The damage you are describing sounds pretty serious. Post some pics so that we can get a better idea of the damage.

I just heard of another dude who crashed his R6 and a dealer wanted 8,000 to fix it.

Do you have insurance?

My opinion is that if it is not totaled, your best bet is to wait until you recover and you could bend and move around. Take all the cowlings off and inventory all the damage. Then check to see how much it will cost on line for the parts. The rest you will be able to do yourself. Check the how to section on here.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Try socalpowersports.com

Those guys over there are awesome. If you go to socalriders.com, one of the members on there owns that company. They will be straight-forward with you. Good luck with everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts