R6 Message Net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I finally got a cage for my 02 R6 so it's time to get more serious with this "one wheel" stuff. What are some things that need to be beefed up also? Is there a way to beef up the subframe?

Also I heard on another message forum that you can re-route the crankcase system so you won't get oil in the airbox? Anybody know of a good way to re-route it?

I know the R6 is not the best to stunt but I'm gonna rock what I got for now.

Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
aside from the obvious cage/12 reinforce the subframe, any decent welder will be able to help you on that. i don't know about the crankcase thing, all i've heard of is changing the oil pickup so you won't starve your engine of oil.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
r6 oil pick up is in the back so ur fine on that, i have no problems with oil going into the air box at all.. cut an inch off your rear set pegs though or ur gonna go through rear sets every little crash.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips. I knew about the oil-pickup situation on the hondas and suzukis. I wondered where our's was located, now I know! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
153 Posts
wheeliest said:
r6 oil pick up is in the back so ur fine on that, i have no problems with oil going into the air box at all.. cut an inch off your rear set pegs though or ur gonna go through rear sets every little crash.
I've got the SATO rear sets and I'm getting cage and bar soon. I don't have the stock rear sets anymore (somebody stole them), but does cutting an inch off the pegs make it so they don't hit the ground anymore or what? Does the bike then just rest on the cage and rear tire? TIA

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
yeah... stop pegs from hitting... when u have a cage on..

·
Don't chase em,Replace em
112 Posts
This might be a stupid question, but i was also thinking about getting a 12 inc bar for my bike so wheni practice wheelies i dont scrape the ground. what 12 inch bars do they have were it dosent block the break lights ??

·
Registered
94 Posts
As for the oil rerouting question... There is a thread on the site somewhere on how to reroute it...

·
Registered
220 Posts
the oil will go in the airbox if u scrape too long...trust me.
ive never had a problem with my subframe...its all stock and not reinforced but it dont hurt to reinforce it i guess.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
dan2kowalski said:
This might be a stupid question, but i was also thinking about getting a 12 inc bar for my bike so wheni practice wheelies i dont scrape the ground. what 12 inch bars do they have were it dosent block the break lights ??
Don't get a bar if your just learning...you will hit it wrong and it will toss you off the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts