R6 Message Net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was riding home from Seattle and got popped right before portland. He gave us a ticket for 5 over.

I live in az so I can't fight this ticket but I wanted to know if Washington has something like cali does when it comes to tickets where I can fight it through the mail.

If not, does anyone know if I just pay the fine will I still get the points on my az drivers license and will my insurance find out about it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
5 over? thats bullshit. You can ask for a reduction through mail, but I don't think you can actually fight it without going to court.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How would I go about asking for a reduction through the mail...all it says is send payment here and thats all.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If I remember right have a few options that you can pick. The one that lets you ask for a reduction is called "mitigation" I think. Aren't there a few boxes you can check somewhere on the ticket?

It's been a while since I got a ticket so I don't remember exactly.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are three boxes.

One for paying your money.

The other is the mitigation but its for a court date which won't work cuz I am not going to go there.

The third is for a contested hearing which also won't work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think when you send in the ticket they will send you another piece of paper asking you if you want to go to court or if you just want to handle it by mail. Give them a call to make sure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes you can fight it via mail in oregon. For example if you were to get a front liesence plate ticket you would send in your ticket attached with a note or letter describing what happened and what you are sending in. Along with that you would send in a picture of your front License plate ON your car with either a newspaper next to it or the date/time on the camera.

You can do the same w/ a speeding ticket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts