R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am pretty druged up right now. I went out Sunday to play with my suspension. Well I went down a road I usually go down to test. and the throttle stuck in 2nd gear and it turned into a tank slapper. I'll post more pics when I feel a little less druged up.
I have a compound fracture to my right forearm a broke rib, punctured spleen, and puntured lung. Just to be clear,I had ALL my gear on and that is the ony reason I'm still here. I took out 175 feet of barbed wire fence along with the metal polls. I used my head to remove one of the polls. I would be dead with no gear.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe this is from the barbed wire. But it could have been from one of the metal t-bars. I also took a t-bar to the back of my thighs and one to my arm. You can't really see them but there are holes in the back of my jacket from the barbed wire. And some of that red on the arm is blood the other is from a t-bar.

·
Supreme
271 Posts
Screamin06R6 said:
Well I am pretty druged up right now. I went out Sunday to play with my suspension. Well I went down a road I usually go down to test. and the throttle stuck in 2nd gear and it turned into a tank slapper. I'll post more pics when I feel a little less druged up.
I have a compound fracture to my right forearm a broke rib, punctured spleen, and puntured lung. Just to be clear,I had ALL my gear on and that is the ony reason I'm still here. I took out 175 feet of barbed wire fence along with the metal polls. I used my head to remove one of the polls. I would be dead with no gear.

Yo Fam, I take it you will be contacting Yamaha Corp? If the problem was due to a recall issue or whatever, they will have to assume some of, if not all of the liability for the crash. This would mean they would replace the bike and probably cover the hospital cost.

Supreme

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The doctor told me , "The only reason your still with us is because of your gear."
I don't really hurt much they gave me good drugs. I didn't cry until I got home I looked my bike over. :(

When I heal up I'm getting another bike, but also a steering damper. :)

·
Banned
463 Posts
OUCH, glad your head is intact, already saw a dead dude today, glad its not 2

can i buy your damper from you though
( thought you would like some humor with the drugs)

·
Hi , How are ya
3,512 Posts
Glad your ok man, Proof gear does work
Just FYI , if you changed to an aftermarket filter on the bike yourself yami will not cover it, but if you changed to a yami filter you def need to be calling them.

If you plan on selling the bike let me :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
6sN7s said:
Glad your ok man, Proof gear does work
Just FYI , if you changed to an aftermarket filter on the bike yourself yami will not cover it, but if you changed to a yami filter you def need to be calling them.

If you plan on selling the bike let me :)
Yeah but since Yamaha did put out the recall on '06 R6's for the screws, and if that is what caused the throttle to stick, it's kinda his fault for not taking the bike in to get fixed. Hate to say it, but Yamaha probably won't pay for anything. :(

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Raven said:
whats with the stain on the paints? did you take a t-bar to the behind?
Yeah I have a BIG gash in the back of my thigh too.

They gave me some Norco, its generic vicadin but it has no tylenol in it like normal vicadin.

I did have the recall done on it, and the throttle moves just fine now so I'm not so sure what happened. But the tach is pegged at 18k. It all happened so fast, it could have been me trying to hold on and accidentally grabbing more throttle.:rollin

I took the bike in yesterday to have damage est. The tech looked at it and told me it was totalled. They used a forklift to take it off the trailer. Not sure if I will try to keep it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts