R6 Message Net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Recently bought an 05 r6.
The other day when reaching about 90mph in 6th gear the throttle started cutting out.
Once I slowed down a bit, the throttle went back to normal. After slowing down I tried reaching 90 again, throttle began to cut out again.
I've had the bike in higher RPMs in lower gears and haven't had this issue.
The engine didn't turn off, just no throttle, sometimes intermittent until I slowed to 80 or a little lower.

update: issue is also happening at lower speeds. around 40 was the lowest. The engine actually shut off. Restarted engine and went back to normal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

Recently bought an 05 r6.
The other day when reaching about 90mph in 6th gear the throttle started cutting out.
Once I slowed down a bit, the throttle went back to normal. After slowing down I tried reaching 90 again, throttle began to cut out again.
I've had the bike in higher RPMs in lower gears and haven't had this issue.
The engine didn't turn off, just no throttle, sometimes intermittent until I slowed to 80 or a little lower.

update: issue is also happening at lower speeds. around 40 was the lowest. The engine actually shut off. Restarted engine and went back to normal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks
Its your TPS (throttle position sensor) you can pull it out and clean it with electrical contact cleaner and it should be fine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its your TPS (throttle position sensor) you can pull it out and clean it with electrical contact cleaner and it should be fine
And if the engine is shutting off i would check the harness on your voltage regulator/rectifier) look to see if its melted or for any signs that its overheating. Its a common problem with the r6

1 - 3 of 3 Posts