R6 Message Net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here!!! Asked on another forum with no luck, hope someone here can help me out and hopefully I can help some others out as well!

I almost have all the parts to convert my 07 to the 08-16, just waiting on the ducts, side stand switch, and pressure sensor. The Air box assembly I bought from a 2015 didn't come with a filter so I bought a bmc 595/04 race filter from an eBay seller, I received the filter today and the box has the correct number but the filter molding says 515/04. I googled the 515/04 and bmc shows it is a standard filter with restrictor for the 08-09. I'm wondering if anyone who knows they have the 595/04 filter can verify theirs also says 515/04 or if it actually has 595/04 molded in it.

I'm wondering if there's a difference in the 06-07 and 08-16 throttle cables? I didn't see a mention of having to change cables when converting the 06-07 years to 08-16. Yamaha parts shows a different number for each generation and the motion pro rev2 kit has different part numbers as well.

I attached a pic of the filter and also how my bike currently sits, kind of makes me sad especially bc we had some really nice days this last week up here in NW PA! Thanks!

Sent from my motorola razr (2020) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm posting the responses from BMC and Motion Pro, in case it will help someone else.

BMC response:

Thank you for reaching out to us and choosing BMC products.

Following up to your inquiry, do not worry: it is not a mistake.

Our FM595/04 is composed by the same filtering element of the FM515/04 (which is the reason why you see 515/04 on the red mold), but they have a different air flow restrictor.

We remain at your disposal for anything you may need.

Motion Pro response:

Thank you for your inquiry.

The differences between the Rev2 cables between the 06-07 R6 and 08-16 R6 is the following:

Housing length for the cable in kit 01-2737 is 600 mm with 98/98 push/pull wire free lengths.

Housing length for the cable in kit 01-2743 is 575 mm with 106/98 push/pull wire free lengths.

As you can see both housing length and wire free lengths differ enough to where we would not state that the two kits are interchangeable.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sent from my motorola razr (2020) using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts