R6 Message Net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am knee deep into trying to replace my thermostat and I can't figure out how to get the darn throttle bodies off.:confused: The manual isn't too clear about where fasteners are, or if it is...I can't find them. Anyone who can help would be appreciated.:bowdown

·
Registered
3 Posts
find them yet? What year r6? they are located on the base of the throttle bodies. they are tough to get to. you will need a long screwdriver and a shortie screwdriver. go to ronayers.com to see the online microfiche of your bike. this will let you see where everything is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ya what year is your bike? to take off the carbs on my 01, there's 4 screwed that hold together clamps under it, I used a ball allen key, get longer ones and u loosen the screws and just rock it off.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
ya what year is your bike? to take off the carbs on my 01, there's 4 screwed that hold together clamps under it, I used a ball allen key, get longer ones and u loosen the screws and just rock it off.
+1,
Remove the airbox, then need a ball end 3 or 4mm allen. You get to 2 of the clamps from 1 direction and the other 2 from the other direction. THen the TB will slide up easily.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, I found them and darn if those "engineers" didn't make it difficult to get to the thermostat. That was where I was headed. I got it off as I was having troubles with the temperature. It was overheating badly. A flush of the system and a check of the thermostat and a put it all back together and off we went. thank you all for helping...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts