1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
well... first of all these are 2005 models..... so why would it matter NOW?

and its not the bike that matters... its the rider

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr. Azim said:
well... first of all these are 2005 models..... so why would it matter NOW?

and its not the bike that matters... its the rider

who gives a shit if its the 05 model.. the 06 isnt out yet.. and the point of this thread is the 05 models

cbr and gsxr beat R6.. that is the biggeest crap i read

my buddy with a cbr was even stunned, riding my bike and admitting its better.. o well one magazine..

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
you cant just ride a bike and admit its "better" than another
its all about preference

i love the 05 600RR, comfortable ride for me, and unless you got a steering damper on the R6, its twitchy

but of course, some of you can outride me, and i can outride some of you

its the rider
not ONLY the bike

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mr. Azim said:
you cant just ride a bike and admit its "better" than another
its all about preference

i love the 05 600RR, comfortable ride for me, and unless you got a steering damper on the R6, its twitchy

but of course, some of you can outride me, and i can outride some of you

its the rider
not ONLY the bike
I will give you that 110% man.. without a damper the r6 isnt the best ride ever

but after its amazing .. what a difference that damper makes..

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I don't take any credibility from a motorcycle source who's vocabulary doesn't include the word "inverted".

"new-for-2005 upside down front fork."

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Nope, this thread definitely did not piss me off :lol

Magazine reviews are to be taken with a dose of salt. The 600 (and indeed 1000) class is so close to call that personal opinion is all that matters when it comes to choose between them.

·
Ridin' Dirty
1,786 Posts
It's funny how they say Kawi is the best bike in the 600cc class, but yet go to say: '...none of our testers were impressed with the ZX-6R's brakes, although they were reasonably powerful.' I thought #1 bike has the best of everything, and I'd say brakes are one of the most important categories in bike testing.

Sure, it's all preference...but it did piss me off when they referred to the R6 as a sport tourer, because of its comfortable sitting position.
Yeah, sport tourer my A$$!

Also, how is that make any sense...on Kawi: '... the windshield is low enough to be virtually useless on the street, and partially obscures the instrumentation. This latter problem isn't really a problem { WTF?!?!?! }, because the instrumentation (notably, the tachometer) is not really legible except while sitting in your garage revving the bike at a standstill' Sure, who needs a tach on a sport bike! Those guys are nuts! Maybe they felt so remoseful for crashing the Kawi, that they decided to put it on a freaken pedestal.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JacekPSUr6 said:
It's funny how they say Kawi is the best bike in the 600cc class, but yet go to say: '...none of our testers were impressed with the ZX-6R's brakes, although they were reasonably powerful.' I thought #1 bike has the best of everything, and I'd say brakes are one of the most important categories in bike testing.

Sure, it's all preference...but it did piss me off when they referred to the R6 as a sport tourer, because of its comfortable sitting position.

Also, how is that make any sense...on Kawi: '... the windshield is low enough to be virtually useless on the street, and partially obscures the instrumentation. This latter problem isn't really a problem { WTF?!?!?! }, because the instrumentation (notably, the tachometer) is not really legible except while sitting in your garage revving the bike at a standstill' Sure, who needs a tach on a sport bike! Those guys are nuts! Maybe they felt so remoseful for crashing the Kawi, that they decided to put it on a freaken pedestal.

ya they would state a statement, than contradict that statement with another.. it was very ammusing..

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
JacekPSUr6 said:

i know the new zx6r is classified as a sport tour
one of my friends bought a brand new 05 last year, now she's pissed because she's paying insurance for a sport bike...whereas the 06 model, with barely any changes from the 05, is listed as a sport tour

lol

·
Chase
906 Posts
yea right.....too bad the r6 has been noted as being the best (if not the next best) bike for the last few years by many notable mags
+1...it is the rider...those bikes times around a track wont be more than 2 seconds apart.

·
Registered
164 Posts
"We have to start by pointing out that the 2005 Honda CBR600RR has the strongest 599cc engine we have ever evaluated"

Maybe they should have put them on a dyno? I nearly died laughing when I read that. The R6 has the most powerful 600cc engine by a long shot.

I've found that a lot of magazines seem to rate their shootouts by which bike has the strongest engine...no exception here. The ZX6R is an awesome bike but I guess it comes down to personal preference.

That said I was pissed off when I read Bike magazine's 600cc comparo that listed the (unchanged for 2005) GSXR as the #1 600cc bike for 2005. Looking back at past issues however it became clear that GSXR's seemed to come top of..well every test in every class.

I guess everyone has their preference...and some magazines are obviously sponsored by manufacturers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Motorcycle.com did an extensive evaluation of all 4 2005's and ranked the R6 on top. They especially liked it on the street.

All four are great bikes. A good rider on any '03 through '05 from the big four can beat an average rider on their '03 to '05 choice. A trip to a track day makes this clear real quick.

I will take the R6 anyday for looks and race / modification parts availability. The only person you really need to satisfy with your bike choice should be yourself.

There is no last place in these comparisons.

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
Sighter said:
Motorcycle.com did an extensive evaluation of all 4 2005's and ranked the R6 on top. They especially liked it on the street.

All four are great bikes. A good rider on any '03 through '05 from the big four can beat an average rider on their '03 to '05 choice. A trip to a track day makes this clear real quick.

I will take the R6 anyday for looks and race / modification parts availability. The only person you really need to satisfy with your bike choice should be yourself.

There is no last place in these comparisons.
Most Intelligent Post in this thread
:)

+1

·
Registered
151 Posts
This thread inspired me to change my signature. I know a few guys that could smoke most trackday riders and a couple of seasoned racers on a stock CBR F2 with good tires.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
There's a lotta wierd stuff in this article. They say that the R6's stock suspension feels soft, but then they mention that the guy testing it outweighs the average R6-intended person by a good 50 pounds. Why even bring stuff like that up?

Anyway, Azim said it best. The Gixxer looks like a cyclops, the Kawi is frikkin cross-eyed, and the Honda...ok, so the Honda is sexy, but the Honda doesn't have color schemes that I like. Bottom line is, these bikes will all win races. Think of it this way...if the R6 was truly at the bottom of the list, how could it be that Rossi was so far ahead in 1st place that he could have forfeited his last 3 races and still had enough points to take first overall? Besides, it's by far the sexiest bike on the road, just has that :sexy look to her :thumbup

1 - 20 of 29 Posts