R6 Message Net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
Ive been thinking about buying a leather jeacket for my passengers. I have an alpinestars jacket, but i feel like an asshole wearing it when i have a passenger who has nothing, so i usually for-go the jacket when i have someone with me, which kind of defeats the purpose of the jacket.

I want to get a matching astars womens jacket, but the thing is, sizing. I want to get a jacket that more than one person can wear, and i was curious if anyone knew how the womens jacket sizing is, is it real specific or do they fit a range? Im basically looking to get a womens astar jacket that will fit girls anywhere from 115-135 (what most of my friends weigh) like 5'3" upto 5'7" .. can i accomplish this with one size? Anybody have any idea what size that maybe..?

Thanks alot
Nick

·
Registered
87 Posts
my girl is about 5'8" & 112elbows and she wears a small A*'s jacket. you must really care to throw that kind of cash toward the general well being of these ladies. Good call bro. ride safe

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just after reading the thread about "i binned it with my gf on the back", i dont think i would ever be able to forgive myself , ill pay the money to make sure theyre safe (er) anyways.

·
I rock Superman's socks!
460 Posts
I've never tried on A*s, so I'm not sure how their sizing runs. Icon runs pretty small. If I head out to cycle gear to try on one-pieces before you get the jacket, I'll try a few ladies jackets on for ya to let ya know. I'm 5'6" and about 115-120.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PerfectMistake said:
I've never tried on A*s, so I'm not sure how their sizing runs. Icon runs pretty small. If I head out to cycle gear to try on one-pieces before you get the jacket, I'll try a few ladies jackets on for ya to let ya know. I'm 5'6" and about 115-120.
Thanks perfect, i would appreciate that alot. I have the astars ice jacket, i was looking to get the girls matching one shown here,
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Alpinestars_Stella_ICE_Leather_Jacket_New_for_2006--507589.html
i would go do this on my own but none of the shops around here are worth anything and dont carry astars in stock.
Thanks again if you happen to make it out there some time this winter

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
It's hard to give a set size to fit everyone ...
Maybe a Medium ... if your going for a letter size

Also since your talking about getting a leather jacket, Some(most) of the A* ladies leather jackets such as the Dyno are sized in Eruo (ie 40, 42, 44, etc.)

Alpinestars Women's Sizing Chart
U.S. = Euro
0 = 38
2 = 40
4 = 40/42
6 = 42
8 = 44
10 = 44/46
etc ...

The ladies T-Dyno(Textile) is sized by letter (ie S,M, etc.)

Since you want a matching jacket, which one do you wear?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
opp's - lol
Overlooked that ... I mainly read the first post and skimmed the rest - lol
So I asked :thumbup

Since it's the ICE jacket ... a letter size then

So is the 5'3" 135# and the 5'7" 115#? Or?
I was just throwing that out there since you wanted one size ...

You might be able to get away with a Small ... but ... ?

------------------Bust --------- Waist
Size ---------- From To ----- From To
Extra Small 32.6" 34.2" * 24.8" 26.3"
Small -------- 35.0" 36.6" * 27.1" 28.7"
Medium ----- 37.4" 38.9" * 29.5" 31.1"

You know their measurements better than we do.

Anywho - HTH

·
Registered
24 Posts
when i give girls rides on my bike, i give them my sister's jacket. it's an alpinestar. it's fit them all pretty well. just get a medium jacket and a medium helmet and it will satisfy a wide range of girls. not offering them a jacket and helmet, even if it means that you have to give up yours, is a douche bag thing to do.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Why the hell do u need a women's jacket! You knew i would find this post. HAHA Everybody knows this is a ploy becuz your gay! LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts