R6 Message Net banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Self-Proclaimed Noob
274 Posts
I want to lose weight. My beer belly.

I have bad knees so I can't run, and they get aggravated on the exercise bike. The elliptical machines are too tall for my basement ceiling.

What can I do?
Yeah, swimming would be perfect. Not sure how your body responds to weight training, but a strength training program is the foundation of getting into good shape, regardless of what shape you start out in, ecto vs. endo etc. But obviously the most important part is a solid diet, eating healthy, low-GI, low fat meals 5-7 times a day will work wonders.

Also, what's the issue with the knees? Are they injured or just problematic to start with?

Oh, and cut back on the beer ;)

·
Canadian Corruptor
29 Posts
This was me over winter. 5ft 11, 238lbs. a little chunky in the gut but I tend to pig out more in the Winter months, I'm now down to about 215 not sure about bf% but I'm alot tighter and more vascular, don't have any current pics but I'm trying to reach my goal of about 210lbs pretty shredded for late May. when I reach it I'll post some up. My routine is 5 days a week in the gym, a lot of heavy weights, pretty much no cardio, abs 3 times a week. Diet: lots of chicken breasts, steak, potato's, rice, sushi, tons of water. Supplements: Whey protein Isolate, multi Vit. Flaxseed oil, efa's.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in! i've been working on it myself but it's hard to keep yourself motivated all the time.
stats:
Height: 5'7
weight: 190
weight i should be at 150
i've been working out at anytime fitness doing cardio for the past 2 months (on and off) with having horses i have to alternate between working out and riding. and with the coming fire season i really need to get going becasue i won't have much time!! Although it surely helps with weight loss!! I eat healthy and have been rashening what i eat throughout the day!
so wish me luck cause i'm gonna kick it in high gear!

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
Um, maybe need a new thread as this one ran out in July 2008?

Unsticky please, you ever-present mods and admin staff who care soo much about R6MN,

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, swimming would be perfect. Not sure how your body responds to weight training, but a strength training program is the foundation of getting into good shape, regardless of what shape you start out in, ecto vs. endo etc. But obviously the most important part is a solid diet, eating healthy, low-GI, low fat meals 5-7 times a day will work wonders.

Also, what's the issue with the knees? Are they injured or just problematic to start with?

Oh, and cut back on the beer ;)
Indeed! Swimming is one of the best ways to lose weight. Swimming workouts can help burn fat , help you get stronger and fitter.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts