R6 Message Net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there must have been a trillion questions on this tick, but what the hell do I do to get rid of it....:mad:

·
#1 member
2,807 Posts
since everyone seems to be a smart ass. its not the timing chain. its the valve train. all R6's have it. its just part of the engine design. no need to even worry about it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fo reals thanks serpentracer...When I said "thanks guys" in the previous post I meant "thanks for giving me some smart azz comments"...... but thanks serpentracer for the clarity....

·
#1 member
2,807 Posts
no problem. if and when the timing chain starts to make noise you will definately be able to tell the difference. usually its the chain adjuster that needs to be replaced.

·
Sperm Bank Loan Officer
1,599 Posts
LOL welcome to the R6MN. Typical yamaha engine noise, the only way to get rid of it is to buy a Honda. Soon that noise will be music to your ears.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
buy a Honda, LOL... had a 929 and felt like shizzz.. sold it bought another R6 and felt alot better again.

·
ARE OH IN IN WHY
1,177 Posts
Turn the ignition off:thumbup

If you don't hear it you might want to get worried, but my other solution is get the rrevs up and you cant hear it:thumbup

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
oddz_r6 said:
It's just the power trying to get out...thats why Hondas don't have it :)

Russ
:rollin hopefully smitty and airforce101t don't read this thread!!! :wall

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
replace ur cam chain tensioner when 3-6k rpms gets noisey.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
wheeliest said:
replace ur cam chain tensioner when 3-6k rpms gets noisey.
noiser than usual ....there will always be a tick there. I like it, it sounds like a well made watch. And its going to take a LOT of miles before youll need to replace the tensioner, most likely.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts