R6 Message Net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
R6-Rider
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well to cut a long story short....
woke up yesterday saw the sun thought this might be my last chance before winter to get out on my bike!
so decided to get her out to go to work on.
Just finished filling her up with petrol came to an island and a car pulled out towards the side of me gave her a bit of throttle and managed to get in front of the car but coming off the island (around 20 mph) the back wheel spun up on me then decided to grip violently.....Sending me into a tank slapper then off into the air.
down to earth with a bump just in time to see my six skidding off down the road :(
then as I turned around myself saw the headlights of a ford fiesta coming right for me!!
The fiesta slammed on the anchors and managed to stop a few feet short of hitting me....(brown trouser time....LOL....

so to my feet I jump and run over to my six to pick her up....

so here's the damage....

ME:
sore shoulder, knee and hand nothing major pride took a little dent too:myfault
plus a few scuffs on my leathers and helmet :(

Bike:
R and G's... saved most of the damage
(if you havent got any fitted, go to the shop and buy some "NOW")
I need new r and g's top and bottom and swingarm!! scratches on the LHS engine cover and small scratches on the lower fairing (a bit of paint and you wont know)
and a nasty graze on the edge of the upper light fairing !!..... gear lever bent (will straighten ok).....

So a small winter project for me
any advise on touching paint up ?? ...

p.s
Pics to follow

Symmo

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
sorry to hear that, least no real damage done. Hope you mend well.
I have RnG's fitted to my bike for this exact reason.
Sorry cannot help with paint though.

Spike

·
Buttsecks kthx
4,284 Posts
Hey Symmo,

UL fella, the last day of riding too... ouch.

I bought a proper bottle of touch up paint directly from a yamaha dealer.....it was silly money (about £12). I had same fairing rashes as you. I got some wet/dry paper and gently smoothed downthe affected areas, then brushed it on. The touchup paint is horrible to work with, when brushed on it looks like its doing fuck all. you need lots

·
Student of Aristhrottle
2,487 Posts
Bugger...but not as "bugger" as it might have been.

Halfords do a good paint mix service, havent tried it for touch-up though. £8 for a full size aerosol.

·
R6-Rider
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the kind words ppl....
yeah I do feel lucky it could have been a lot worse..
thanks for the tips on paint..im a bit concerned about the top section the red has gone and its black under dont think a red touch up will cover it??
and trying to get hold of a few other parts... engine cover indicator etc will keep me busy over winter ;) she needs to look her best when I trade in for a "06" :)
just took some pics and ill have them up soon...

cheers ppl

"Take it easy out there"

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Sounds like you were lucky Symmo.

Best of luck with fixing her up and enjoy a well earned day or 2 on the sick :wink

·
Buttsecks kthx
4,284 Posts
EXACTLY the same as mine when i dropped it onthe track.... I <3 you R+G

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
EvO said:
EXACTLY the same as mine when i dropped it onthe track.... I <3 you R+G

Yep looks like mine too!

Congrats for staying alive mate! U so could have come out of that in a worse situation. Glad ur still with us. :thumbup

·
R6-Rider
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
denialnw10 said:
Congrats for staying alive mate! U so could have come out of that in a worse situation. Glad ur still with us. :thumbup
yeah im glad too.... lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
Lucky & unlucky all at the same time. Glad you aint too hurt - pride can be fixed for free :thumbup

As you are going to be trading up soon, why bother spending out for all the R&G's ? Just do the uppers to cover the fairing cutout & remove the lowers. You could even offer the r/h lower on e-bay for a couple of squid as it's undamaged.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts