R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
Some riders use them to avoid being caught on speed cameras.

In europe we have roadside digital cameras that are set to go off just above the speed limit.

If you get zapped, the first thing you know is when they trace your registration and send you a fine for £60 (appx. $100) and 3 points on your license.

It's possible to amass the 12 points required to have your license disqualified very easily.

In the UK alone we have 6,000 cameras.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
ah f that sh!t, i would ride with that plate under my pass seat all the time n when u get pulled over just say ah crap yeah it fell off a few miles ago and i have no tools to put it back on, anywho do u have some tools? or zip ties?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've always thought of doing that but instead of using the slow ass linear acutuator use hydraulics which would instantly hide of the plate. In canada they have vehicle's with photo radar in them and sometimes hard to tell which vehicles have them. It would be nice to have some assurance that a big fat ticket wont be arriving in the mail for you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ive also seen hinges put on the licence plate, then they put wheel weights on the backside. So at heigher speeds the wind blows the tag up but flops down when you are driving legally,

·
Street Certified
1,352 Posts
WWW.NAARDEN.BIZ said:
Ive also seen hinges put on the licence plate, then they put wheel weights on the backside. So at heigher speeds the wind blows the tag up but flops down when you are driving legally,
That's a pretty good idea... wonder how it would work for wheelies?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Or do like what has happened a few times with that photo radar bullshit. Take the plates off the radar van, and do hot laps back and forth!
Never get tired of hearing that story lol
Brian

·
Registered
24 Posts
that's dumb. why would you use electric actuators to do something that can be done using bicycle break lines and a little lever? that thing is slow too.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've seen them made with electric antennas from cars.. I'm sure you could gear them quicker if your handy

also radar vans are nothing but a cash cow for the cops, it doesn't decrease speeding, it only increases people braking very quickly when they see a van on the side of the road.. I also see they are starting to put them in recycling bins on the side of streets....bastards...

·
Registered
308 Posts
hidden speed cameras, they mount them in a look a like recycling bin, either green bins/blue bins whatever you have in your area if any... So instead of just having a tinted out van parked on the side of the road that flashes you as you go by speeding, the hidden unit in the bin gets you... just a sneakier way of them getting you, new and not as noticable..

blue bin: http://www.colerainebc.gov.uk/content_gfx/happyblueyear.jpg

·
Registered
289 Posts
As long as they don't put them in the twisties, I'm good. Fockers!!!

·
Red is Better
1,220 Posts
Scott_R6 said:
or you could not break the law and not ride like a fool, just a thought
so you never speed? ever?

personally I hate those damn cameras.... the red light cameras don't bother me as much as the damn speed ones..... where I live Scottsdale AZ is the first city in the US to put cameras on the freeway :thumbdown

1 - 20 of 23 Posts