R6 Message Net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
scouse twat
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a blast out today on the bike and me and my mate decided to try that super unleaded petrol . It was BP Ultimate. It ended up being about a quid dearer with a full tank. I've got a 2003 R6 and he's got a 2004 GSXR 750 and we both noticed the difference. Not faster or more powerful, just smoother and more responsive. I didn't expect to notice anything cos I'm not the most sensitive in the world. I'll deffo use it again. I'll try Shell's one next time and see what that's like.

·
Registered
340 Posts
tescos super unleaded is 99 RON

where as Shell Optimax is 98.... i believe

·
Registered
356 Posts
Personally, i often use diesel, as well as leaded and unleaded - deisel is cheaper than petrol and makes Big Bike sound mean.

Love
Harry.

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
At the time of writing Harry; Diesel costs a few pence more per litre than petrol, although diesel vehicles may be more economical in the long run the fuel is more expensive. :p

·
Registered
356 Posts
Chunk said:
At the time of writing Harry; Diesel costs a few pence more per litre than petrol, although diesel vehicles may be more economical in the long run the fuel is more expensive. :p
Thank you Chunk. I take it you also use diesel sometimes too? Is this because it makes your big bike sound meaner?

Love
Harry.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Harry, welcome, there haven't been any good trolls on here since I joined. :thumbup

Well, there was Paul Gentry, but he's a bit of a board hopper and didn't last long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts