R6 Message Net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Sliding past you!
1,107 Posts
I just screwed myself and got a CCS License for The VIR race this weekend but had to cancel out for it this week. Spent $115 for it and will probably won't even do another CCS race this year. But who know's maybe I will just show up on Sunday on the 4th of july weekend.

Sorry I didn't call you back the other day Dennie, I got caught up with something at work.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
After the TPM day at Summit after that really hot weekend, the track is a mess. I've heard once again to erh fix the problem they went and dumped a bunch of sealer 5-7 and all through turn one. I wish they would put it back the way it was. Money is tight and if it isn't going to be as safe as it should, I'm going to be sitting this round out. Definitely doing VIR at the end of the season. Maybe a Summit if they fix the track, really fix it not dump more sealer on the track.

Z

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Back on the fence, Jeremy is making his 2008 racing debut, I may head down with him. Gotta see if the wife has anything planned yet for the holiday. If not I may be convinced to go down and do the TPM day on Friday and hang for the race weekend.

Z

·
Registered
70 Posts
okay - i want to race this.. at least some of it.. i have NO idea how CCS works.. wat classes can i run? will my bike (wera legal) pass tech? I got the fees, but I cant figure out the classes. My tires at this point have 2 race weekends on them. I can only do a sprint or 2.
Any help ? CCS guys? Can i "pit" (ill be c/ring at j/c) one of the days with someone?

Thanks!

·
Sliding past you!
1,107 Posts
You will pass tech no problem Katie, WERA has a much stricter tech than CCS.
As for classes you can run Middleweight GP and GTU on saturday and Middleweight Superstock and superbike on sunday, you can also run the heavyweight classes if you want as well.

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You will pass tech no problem Katie, WERA has a much stricter tech than CCS.
As for classes you can run Middleweight GP and GTU on saturday and Middleweight Superstock and superbike on sunday, you can also run the heavyweight classes if you want as well.
think of it like wera
C = middleweight
B = heavyweight
A = unlimited
you can do both SS and SB assuming you are SS legal

You can do the middle weight and unlimted GP (I think these are like F1 but they have middle and heavyweight)

Also the GTU (middle weight solo20) and GTO (heavyweight solo20)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts